Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenomena Key Card Question...

Options
  • 23-09-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Just want to know if it's possible to leave your bedroom door open all the time....like the actual door will be closed but you won't have to use your key card every time you want to go in, you'll just pull down the handle and it'll open. I'm fairly sure it's possible...but want to know how to do it!!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

No, most of those locks are designed to work the way they do internally... the handle on the faceplate looks like an ordinary one but it's actually up to the lock inside the door how it works.

A cork or blu tack in the strikeplate might work, just as long as you remember to remove it when you want to lock the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭kf1920

Yeah you can, If you put in the card twice in a row, it will either flash red, Which means it locks every time the door closes, ie you will need the card, or if will flash green, meaning the door is unlocked and u will not need the card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

What kf1920 said.

Just make sure you don't lock it and find yourself stranded if you're used to it being open all the time. Having done that just after Christmas, all I can say is I was really lucky a nice RA was on. Didn't realise until 2am... decent of him to get out of bed and let me back into mine!

Advertisement