Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How slow can you go?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Ordered a book through AbeBooks on August 31st, got confirmation it had been processed on Sept 2nd. It's coming from the UK, and the seller has "posted same day, or next day latest" on their page. So I began to wonder what's keeping it.
    My order status is 'shipped', and the delivery date is listed as "on/before November 4 2008" - shipping speed 14-45 business days.
    45 business days is nine weeks!!!! How can anything take nine weeks to come from Yorkshire in the post? I could walk there and back in less time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Have you contacted them to see what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭huberto

I've emailed to ask if and when it's been posted. No reply yet.

I suppose my point is that there seem to be some dodgy suppliers trading on Abe. I've been using it for several years, and it's great when it works, but it seems to be deteriorating.

I've had books arrive from the States within a week of ordering, although sometimes they can take a lot longer - that's understandable. It just seems incredible that a book posted at even the cheapest rate could take up to a couple of months to get from Yorkshire to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Maybe see if Abe have a feedback/query system that you can let them know there is an issue with your order if the seller doesn't reply soon. I'm sure they must have some kind of buyer protection.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I regularly buy books on Amazon US, as the postage is more often than not quicker than from the UK. It can be really bad.

Although it could be that the seller is just out of stock and is waiting without telling you in case you cancel the order.

Advertisement