Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM and t'internet- newbie needs a hand

• 23-09-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Plenty of using the computer involved with all this college malarky, and for the most part its going well. I couldn't see an area to ask this question as is and am hoping somebody will help me out if they're any wiser than me.

Basically:

*I need to access the NUIM Library from home.

*What I need to get into is the eBooks/Database blah blah.

*Obviously, I need to log in from beyond Off Campus Access to do this...

2094j6f.jpg

When I click it, it just reloads the same page however. Is this to do with cookies etc. on my PC? Is there a direct link to that log in page?

When I get beyond it, are the password and username they want there the ones provided on the orange sheet all us newbies got? Or do people have specific library log ins?

i.e 6888883236
    abc1234

cheers for pitying the newbie, all in all I'm coping fine!
    D.

**probably a worthwhile thread to have anyway, as between Moodle (which I found easy enough but some mates not so much!) and the rest theres a fair bit of getting used to invloved with this stuff....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭waghag

You use the password/username you got on the orange sheet.
    The off-campus access is working for me.Try this link

https://login.jproxy.nuim.ie/login?qurl=http%3A//library.nuim.ie/resources/databases_index.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Eh.. click off campus access, put in your student number and password, and thats it.

Then it will act as though you were accessing those from the computers on campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Eh.. click off campus access, put in your student number and password, and thats it.

I'm aware the problem seems quite simple, that's whats bugging me. I've logged into my emails/moodle already no problem. It's only trying to get beyond Off Campus Access at home that I encounter problems. Bizarre. The problem is I click on off campus access and the same window comes BACK up, like a refresh- rather than the log in page.

Probably more a problem on my end with my settings or something. The fact everything else (mail,mood...) works fine makes it even odder :rolleyes:

*******EDIT: Tis grand now, just got the PDF. I've been looking for. I closed the window, went for a cup of coffee, and when I came back it went through to the log in window and let me go about my business happy as larry.

Cheers folks,
    d.

Advertisement