Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P5Q pro troubleshooting

Options
  • 23-09-2008 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi
    I have just built a computer and it works fine except none of the usb ports are working. I am using the prq pro motherboard. Any ideas?

I have managed to boot into windows by attaching the keyboard via the non usb connector. Once I was in windows I attached a hdd via usb and it worked. I then tried the usb keyboard and mouse but it failed. The power was not working either. I then tried a new keyboard but it didn't work either and no power was supplied to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

Kevo wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just built a computer and it works fine except none of the usb ports are working. I am using the prq pro motherboard. Any ideas?

I have managed to boot into windows by attaching the keyboard via the non usb connector. Once I was in windows I attached a hdd via usb and it worked. I then tried the usb keyboard and mouse but it failed. The power was not working either. I then tried a new keyboard but it didn't work either and no power was supplied to it.

I have this mobo too. Check the usb settings in the bios (on pg 3-29 of the user guide). The first few times I started up my pc (WIN XP) it would take about 5 minutes for the usb devices to work (dont have a clue why). After a few days it was fine. (only happened in the os tho, worked fine for the bios)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

Thanks for the reply. I have fixed the problem. It was caused by a confusing setting in the BIOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Building a system with a P5Q tonight. Out of interest what was the setting?

Advertisement