Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead in Drinking Water

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Is it safe to drink the water yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Perrin wrote: »
    Is it safe to drink the water yet?

After cysto, lead and now talk of legionaires in the hospital water
    Would you really want to drink it even if it was declared safe?

Okay I admit I use tap water for the kettle, But I don't think I will ever drink tap water from this city again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Could the water be used for lets say......boiling spuds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Perrin wrote: »
    Could the water be used for lets say......boiling spuds?

hmmm If it was me I would

Disclaimer: Im no medical professional or affiliated with any medical organization. My beliefs are my own and not that of Boards.ie ltd

Now... You can't sue me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

TG4 just had a report on the news saying that lead pipes are contaminating the water supply in more homes than originally thought. Tests were carried out in all areas of town and they found new areas where water had lead content.
    These include the city centre area, taylors hill, salthill and newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

hada wrote: »
    i'm in shantalla. have been drinking the water for well, the last 4 years.

so far - no lead poisioning..... In fact, I feel great.

Maybe I'm turning into some super hero with lead based powers

Lead Man the power to weigh anything down - anytime, anywhere.

I can see the graphic novels now!...

"At very high levels, lead poisoning can cause convulsions, coma and death"

ehhhh......does that include comedy death?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

snubbleste wrote: »
    TG4 just had a report on the news saying that lead pipes are contaminating the water supply in more homes than originally thought. Tests were carried out in all areas of town and they found new areas where water had lead content.
    These include the city centre area, taylors hill, salthill and newcastle.

I was always suspicious of the fact that it was 'only' Mervue and Shantalla - sure, they'd have to test every house to check for lead to get the real figures, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'd say we can expect this story to be completely burried. Lead contamination of water in pre 1970s builds will affect the entire country to some degree and fixing it will be an expense our present Government won't be able to bear now. In the UK and across Europe they had Lead Pipe Replacement Schemes during the 1990s where their Governments and Local Authorities gave grants to replace lead piping.Yet in Ireland when we might've had the money for a replacement scheme we put our plumbers to better use ensuring our property bubble didn't burst until it could cause maximum damage :rolleyes:

Maybe a replacement scheme could create some employment in the future of course.It looks like it might be a long wait though.In the meantime we can all keep Ballygowan in business.:(

Advertisement