Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Parking at / near C.I.T. ***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Seanot wrote:
    Thats true .....but what I was saying was the clampers ...they dont seem to be around.....like people were parking all over the place .....fairly funny watching people trying to ram their cars up curbs( only when you have parking yourself ) .....

On a serious note tho the clampers would clean up ..... :eek:
    Oh the clampers are around all right but they probably have limited clamps so they only clamp the people that are really taking the piss.
    There are quite a few people parking on queer spots alright though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Seanot wrote: »
    Thats true .....but what I was saying was the clampers ...they dont seem to be around.....like people were parking all over the place .....fairly funny watching people trying to ram their cars up curbs( only when you have parking yourself :p) .....

On a serious note tho the clampers would clean up ..... :eek:

some people take the piss with where they park. completely blocking other cars in.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seanot

aww man ...I was in for 9am today and all car parking spaces were gone!!!! just ended up going home again :(

bit earlier tomorow me thinks ...... you want to be heading for 8.30 to make sure you get a spot

?? why were you in for 9?? we've monday's off!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mewmoo

I hear there are planning on turning the "front" of the college into a car park... you know despite the whole "we are getting rid of a 1000 spaces" thing or what ever they were saying last year.
    By the "front" i mean where they are doing the work at the moment, putting down that pipe or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

mewmoo wrote: »
    I hear there are planning on turning the "front" of the college into a car park... you know despite the whole "we are getting rid of a 1000 spaces" thing or what ever they were saying last year.
    By the "front" i mean where they are doing the work at the moment, putting down that pipe or whatever.

whats the pipe for anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I don't think so really. The public construction notice says that they are building a Resource centre there. Maybe they're going to put some parking spaces too but i don't think it say anything about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

I just head straight for um var grove every morning :(
    I dont even try to get a space at 10:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

God I hope not. It's one of the few nice looking areas of the college :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Every second tuesday im not in until 11. And its a balls. No point in looking for a space at all.

• Advertisement

God I hope not. It's one of the few nice looking areas of the college :(

they're turing the front of the college into a library. it's in our "5-year-plan"

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Every second tuesday im not in until 11. And its a balls. No point in looking for a space at all.

ya whenever i'm in after 9, but before lunch, i just come in at 9 anyway and f*ck around in labs r summit. not a hope of a space otherwise.

ya whenever i'm in after 9, but before lunch, i just come in at 9 anyway and f*ck around in labs r summit. not a hope of a space otherwise.

yeah i might start doing that too cuz i'm not in till 10 most days an i never get a spot. had to park way over passed fas this morning and walk over in the rain :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The clampers seem to vary in their strictness. Sometimes they don't clamp any cars... other times I've come out and seen every wrongly-parked car clamped, even the ones way up on the grass verges! Certainly towards the end of final term this year they were clamping every car they saw.

They never seem to clamp cars blocking others, but given the amount of angry people/boy racers in CIT I've seen a LOT of people get the living hell keyed out of their car hoods when they happened to block in/piss off the wrong person (ie: usually by taking up two spaces to avoid the sides of their cars getting scratched *facepalm*)

What *REALLY* irritated me was the people in the car park by the astroturfs who would park on the slopes between different levels, simultaneously creating massive blind spots and reducing the width of the road to one vehicle. And they never got clamped!! :mad:

they seem to not clamp anyone from like 9-1. Any of the cars that r still left there after that seem to be clamped. That what i've noticed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hattrick

John1984 wrote: »
    CIT what can i say other than if you let a bunch of muppets run it this is what you get

the parking is a complete mess. you have to be there before 8.30 if you want a space and they really should have made a 2-3 storey car park there. even if they charged 1euro for a day they would make alot of money each week but there you go. i often left my mates park at mine and walk to college ( a 20min walk) as it was ridiculous and still is.

My advice befriend a person with a driveway near cit or risk getting a ticket

Lets be fair CIT have doubled their parking in the last six years and have one of the best ratios in the country. it is unfair to see so many driving from parchment, edenhall etc..

It was discussed before that CIT cannot get any more spaces because the local council will not grant planning for extra spaces.

Yeah it is right annoying with the locals parking when they can walk easily. I think the pay parking might solve that problem.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah it is right annoying with the locals parking when they can walk easily. I think the pay parking might solve that problem.

true. as much as i hate pay parking. this would be good for culchies like me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hattrick

3 euro per visit is a bit much though - that could be 6 euro per day or more if you have to leave for anything.

This will only suit lecturers on 100k who dont mind spending that for a space. Not many students coulod afford paying between 15-30 euros per week!

do they not have a bulk discount?

but if it was only 1 euro the guys living in apartments nearby will still drive up. maybe if the recession went on for another bit 1 euro will be too much for them

• Advertisement

i agree with the posts that we can't complain about CIT on this matter. our parking facilities are superb - 2nd best in the country. the problem is guys driving from parchment etc. and i also agree that pay parking is the way to go.

3 euro isn't that bad surely, I'm spending 20 euro a day on food, its disgraceful. Would prefer to spend it in parking tbh. I'm off to buy a lunch box....

20 on fewd? how the hell you manage that? you getting it all from that new place for posh people, cafe fraiche?

No, cantine costing me about 6 euro a dinner + breakfast costs 5 euro. I usually get One Dinner, one breakfast, one hot chicken role, two packets crisps and 2 bottles of water.

5 + 6 + 5 + ~3 = 19 :(

No, cantine costing me about 6 euro a dinner + breakfast costs 5 euro. I usually get One Dinner, one breakfast, one hot chicken role, two packets crisps and 2 bottles of water.

5 + 6 + 5 + ~3 = 19 :(
    Dude thats about 2600 a college year!!!
    I make my lunches at home, saves me a fortune. And im sure it would you too.

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Dude thats about 2600 a college year!!!
    I make my lunches at home, saves me a fortune. And im sure it would you too.
    Yeah I know its a disgrace, on top of that I'm driving about 30 mins every morning to college and paying same price for house as I would out here. I'm fairly disgraceful when it comes to wasting money. Gotta make changes! - then again though when I'm here from 8.30am (Parking) - 10pm every day its kinda hard to make enough sandwiches to last me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Yeah I know its a disgrace, on top of that I'm driving about 30 mins every morning to college and paying same price for house as I would out here. I'm fairly disgraceful when it comes to wasting money. Gotta make changes! - then again though when I'm here from 8.30am (Parking) - 10pm every day its kinda hard to make enough sandwiches to last me then.

Jesus..I remember being in SBU London (nearly as bad as CIT!!)
    Tea at the time was 1 pound but hot water was free...Used to bring my own teabags..(what a tight £$" fecker I was)

Buy a flask and bring your own food...feck me you could feed loads!!! for 20 euro a day
    Its better..cheaper... more healthy...

+1 for parking in the estates!

suppafly wrote: »
    they seem to not clamp anyone from like 9-1. Any of the cars that r still left there after that seem to be clamped. That what i've noticed

Seems a bit different lately. Went out there one morning at half 11 or so and few lads up on the sides were clamped by the astro pitch.

• Advertisement

Would this be possible or even worth it compared to the new 3e per day pay parking?

I think parking is gonna be hell this year outside the college lots of people parking in estates and shysters in the surrounding area putting up signs that say "Clamping fee 200 euro, call 087 ... .... to remove"

depending on how things go i might park a good bit out and take the bus in or something. this sucks, they always had free parking and as soon as i get a car they bring in paid parking.

Advertisement