Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Parking at / near C.I.T. ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The clampers don#t seem to be doing anything about people parking on kirbs and stuff in the tiered car park. They seem to only clamp people that park outside of the barriers as i saw 2 parked just outside them last week clamped but the cars just inside weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

suppafly wrote: »
    The clampers don#t seem to be doing anything about people parking on kirbs and stuff in the tiered car park. They seem to only clamp people that park outside of the barriers as i saw 2 parked just outside them last week clamped but the cars just inside weren't.

I've seen cars clamped in there recently so wouldn't risk it. They way he's clamping cars at the moment I presume he ran out of clamps before he got there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Has anyone else noticed the disc parking signs that appeared last week in and around Uam Var? Looks like a bit of the plight of the residents there might be coming to an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

I find the complaints about parking in CIT hilarious. First off, there's more parking here than in any other college in the country and it's free. In UCC, you only get a space if you've been working there for 3 years! And when I hear about people driving from Dean's Hall to the college, I lose all sympathy for complainers.

They even drive in from parchment square, which would actually take longer than walking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

How come the clampers were never around for night courses, the amount of people parking all over kerbs both in and off campus is ridiculous and never once did I see the clampers out. They must finish work at 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

hmmm its drizzling outside... wat time I want to leave in the morning to get in for parking from near Deans Hall? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

razorblunt wrote: »
    How come the clampers were never around for night courses, the amount of people parking all over kerbs both in and off campus is ridiculous and never once did I see the clampers out. They must finish work at 5!

wait, you actually want those ****ers to be around more often? are you alright in the head?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dankoozy wrote: »
    wait, you actually want those ****ers to be around more often? are you alright in the head?

Well I finished there 2 years ago so its no skin off my nose, just seems like the rules only apply until a certain time!

I missed the examiner during the week but apparently there was an article regarding a clamping incident this week at CIT.

From what i heard two cars next to each other were parked on double yellow lines. One car belonged to a student who had some form of physical disability which required assistance. The other car was owned by the head of the college.

One was clamped, the other was not!

Anyone seen this article offer clarification?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yes I read it but it was in the Evening Echo. Apparently there was another car illegally parked in the disabled space so they had to park illegally and got clamped while the president of the college never got clamped while parking illegally after his space was taken.

Double standards and it's even worse in this case as the person was disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

hopefully the clampers wont be around when the graduations are on. As this year there will be less parking space due to the expansion of the rubicon centre and people will have to park illegally

The lower level parking is going to be reserved for the graduation this year, the whole lot as far as I know. Poor students are going to have trouble, including myself.
    Not sure how the rubicon effects parking though. I'll be moving down there after xmas in the new research building :) - however we were told we wouldn't get parking.

the expansion of de rubicon effects de parking on graduation day becus last yr nd previous years, where the builders are now parking was used as parking spaces for the graduation .Awe the new part of the rubicon will look pretty when it is completed, becus the old part was not bad and the plans i saw in the past looked nice. Happy moving down there :)

I see. Even though I thought it was where the stand for the track is up now, where they parked last year :)

Thanks, I'd prefer stay put though. It will seem too much like real world down there. Rather stay in the college :pac: - I'll still come for canteen though lunch time and evenings.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    The lower level parking is going to be reserved for the graduation this year, the whole lot as far as I know. Poor students are going to have trouble, including myself.
    Not sure how the rubicon effects parking though. I'll be moving down there after xmas in the new research building :) - however we were told we wouldn't get parking.

Its going to be nuts alright. Ive heard that they will be running a shuttle bus from curraheen park on those days but think it may only be for staff.

Its amazing how they can run a shuttle bus service for these events but not all year

The shuttle bus they are considering is just for staff only :rolleyes:

I see. Even though I thought it was where the stand for the track is up now, where they parked last year :)

Thanks, I'd prefer stay put though. It will seem too much like real world down there. Rather stay in the college :pac: - I'll still come for canteen though lunch time and evenings.

people parked there aswel, they even had a traffic director person there:). indeed your moving to the real world when you go there. I do believe many of there staff eat in leisure world or go to centra for food!!! the good thing about where your moving is that Mr Cotton goes to the rubicon centre and he has reali nice food and coffee :)

Ha nice :) - looking forward so. Should be in Feburary some stage I think. How come you know so much about the place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

razorblunt wrote: »
    Well I finished there 2 years ago so its no skin off my nose, just seems like the rules only apply until a certain time!

tis grand to sit in your armchair with a monocle complaining about 'them feckin students' when you're not one of them :)

• Advertisement

Ha nice :) - looking forward so. Should be in Feburary some stage I think. How come you know so much about the place :D

lets just say i know people in the inside there :) nd frequently visit them

ah fair enough :P - I visited Paul healy before about starting company. Might still follow up on that....my ultimate dream working for myself :D

go for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

took this photo on 10-11-2009
    IMG012.jpg
    IMG0133.jpg

i through this is a parking area :eek:
    because i seen people parking their car here since the very first day that i start in cit...

On the side there? - It's a bicycle lane I think?

yy885 wrote: »
    took this photo on 10-11-2009
    IMG012.jpg
    IMG0133.jpg

i through this is a parking area :eek:
    because i seen people parking their car here since the very first day that i start in cit...

apparently nt!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

i mean here
    IMG0126.jpg

That's an entance that's never opened. Didn't think people got clamped there either before. They clamping down!

That's an entance that's never opened. Didn't think people got clamped there either before. They clamping down!

It was/is a designated entrance / exit for emergency vehicles but cars park on the other side of that gate. If they were even slightly over the cycle lane they can be towed and I have seen many cars towed from those cycle lanes during the day (not night though!!)

• Advertisement

Ya u used to be able to park there no problem all of last yr and this just up only until recently. I came in this morning and saw the spot free and thought i had gotten well lucky, but they have a dodgy sign there now saying towaway zone. It really is a joke though. That gate is never open and is blocked from the otherside by the staffs cars that park there. I wouldn't even say it does open even.

Advertisement