Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Parking at / near C.I.T. ***

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

suppafly wrote: »
    It really is a joke though.

Why does everyone in this college think that "it's a joke" when you can't park somewhere? There's a gate there...whether it's used regularly or not, it's there for a reason - you can't park in front of it. End of story. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Why does everyone in this college think that "it's a joke" when you can't park somewhere? There's a gate there...whether it's used regularly or not, it's there for a reason - you can't park in front of it. End of story. Move on.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

The stand for the running track is nearly finished so the spaces around it should help ease the parking issues. Plus the spaces the builders are taking up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

should student parking be fairly quiet this week? we're not back til Feb presume its same all over cit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

tommy21 wrote: »
    should student parking be fairly quiet this week? we're not back til Feb presume its same all over cit?
    ya should be dead out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Newbie here. Never expected the traffic and parking to be soooo bad. Is this the norm ? Left Carrigaline at 745 , got in late and barely got a space. Is there any park and ride ? Are there any car spaces to rent for the year. Screwed for the 11 am starts . Anyone any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Not going to get any better at all. If you park somewhere dodgy very good chance you will get clamped too, they are mad for it around CIT. You need to be in early to stand a chance. Residents in the surrounding estates have gotten really pissed off with students parking everywhere there too. There are people from the college parked all the way up the hil and around the corner in Uam Var Estate most mornings.

My advice would be don't drive to CIT unless you have to but it sounds like you don't really have a choice so see if someone in your class who lives near the college might let you park in their yard. I live right beside the college and let a couple of friends do it. Try leaving at 7.30 the next day and with the difference in traffic you will probably be there before the car park gets too packed. Honestly, yeah your fcuked for the 11 o clock starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Newbie here. Never expected the traffic and parking to be soooo bad. Is this the norm ? Left Carrigaline at 745 , got in late and barely got a space. Is there any park and ride ? Are there any car spaces to rent for the year. Screwed for the 11 am starts . Anyone any ideas ?
    Sure we are living in recession times and we have to get used to it. CIT can't afford to build enough car parking spaces to accomodate the amount of cars owned by poor students these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Sure we are living in recession times and we have to get used to it. CIT can't afford to build enough car parking spaces to accomodate the amount of cars owned by poor students these days.

I dunno about that, it always surprised me how many free spaces were available in the staff parking lots while others who have no choice but to drive to college had to circle the parking tiers for a half hour waiting for a space to free up! Also take heed of the advice about clampers, I was clamped for parking on double yellows. I literally left the car there for 5 minutes while I ran in to drop off a hard copy of an assignment. The guy was applying the clamp when I got there, and he was having none of it. €80 release fee.

There's no option to rent a space for a year or anything like that in CIT and no park and ride either, as mackg said maybe ask a friend who's living there if you can park in their yard. As for the 11am starts, possibly come in for 9 anyway and spend two hours in the library? There's plenty of desks and you can use the wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Parking there can be tough after 9 all right. Just be thankfull you're not trying to park in UCC though. I used to park over in Eden Hall when I was stuck, only a 5min walk (through parchment) there's always spaces there and they don't clamp there at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are route 222 buses at 0750 and 0800 from Carrigaline that seems to go direct to CIT that arrives at 0855 and 0905. But check.

Otherwise 222+205 or 208.

Monthly ticket €67.50 http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=331#Cork

Advertisement