Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify seeds and are acorns ready

Options
  • 23-09-2008 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Was out in the park at the weekend and collected some acorns that came away from the husk easy enough but they are green should the be brownish?

Also collected something that initially looked like horse chestnuts but when I opened them the have very small seeds. The leaves and seed shells were different to horse chestnuts. I assume they are some sort of chestnut and know if are and if yes what type?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

siochain wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Was out in the park at the weekend and collected some acorns that came away from the husk easy enough but they are green should the be brownish?

Also collected something that initially looked like horse chestnuts but when I opened them the have very small seeds. The leaves and seed shells were different to horse chestnuts. I assume they are some sort of chestnut and know if are and if yes what type?

Thanks

You looked a little too early in my opinion. I think the nuts are from a pink horsechestnut, and won't grow.

Advertisement