Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€80,000 bike anyone?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

From Bikeradar: Full Story
    At €80,000, (that’s just over £60,000 or USD118,000) each bike is hand-built and gold-plated with 24-carat gold, then decked out with over 600 Swarovski crystals.

Hand-sewn leather grips and a Brooks leather saddle provide finishing touches to the bike, with each limited edition number embossed with gold leaf and set into a leather badge onto the bike’s headtube.

I wonder exactly who these 10 people are going to be? I'm guessing the inclusion of a Brooks saddle could mean Blorg is on the waiting list :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

BARGAIN! :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Had to be fixed gear didn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Utter tack. Charge have done it already (gold plated bike) for £8k and in credit to them it was for a promotion for another company- a bike insurance firm. Swarovski crystals, FFS. They didn't even have the good taste to stick a Brooks Swallow on it. Instead they use a B17 at a jaunty angle. And they didn't even spec the titanium rail version, it's the cheap steel rail one.

The customer is the design company that created it, to drum up buzz with their target demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

80 grand and not even brakes on it. pure rip off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I take it your not too impressed then? I wouldn't imagine the type of person who buys a bike with crystals dotted around a gold frame would be too observant about the quality of the saddle rails.

It is a bit of a cheap (read pricey) PR exercise. Shame they didn't use a watch or an ipod or someother piece of junk, I can see 50 cent or Usher buying one of these to pop down to the shops for a litre of milk because its "pimpin"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I want the 50k lock to go with it.... :)

Also, i want a cashmere top tube protector!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Wouldn't fancy a 24 carat frame on the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

el tonto wrote: »

OR the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If I had to cycle on something like that ,I would probably vomit all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

el tonto wrote: »
    See it as a challenge. Myself, I ride depleted uranium :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

blorg wrote: »
    See it as a challenge. Myself, I ride depleted uranium :D

well at least that would negate the need for lights at night, what with the green'ish glow off it! :p

Advertisement