Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tocco name order on phonebook

• 23-09-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Got my tocco two days ago on a pay monthly contract from Meteor. Good offer. Very stylish.

My biggest problem is trying to get used to the new system. The most important task one should be able to do on a mobile is to call other people, yet it's not that easy to call from the phonebook. Names are sorted with last name first. Not what I want. ANYBODY HAS ANY IDEA HOW TO SEARCH USING THE FIRST NAME?????

I miss the simple scrolling method I used to have on my K800i from SonyEricsson. You tap the first letter, the list scrolls to names starting with that, then you tap the 2nd letter and the list moves down and so on, until you get to your name and you hit the call button. With Tocco, you have to get into the search field where you would tap the first few letters without seeing the list. You don't know if you have enough letters to get you to the name you are looking for. And even worse, you have to remember people with their last names.

Anybody has any advice about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Where I have this problem (not just on phones) I generally put a ! or a number in front of my most used numbers. Then it appears at the top of the list and is easy to search for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

what way had you your names stored on your previous phone?

when i got my tocco i switched sims and the names in my phonebok stayed the way they were originally....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭draken

The name order stayed the same on my Phone. But if you mean how to go to a section of the list (eg to 'S' without having to scroll down), just click on the box next to the magnifying glass on the phonebook and type the letter you want to go to.

Also you can scroll fast using the volume key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

What is the camera on the Tocco like cgwils?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Seamu$ wrote: »
    What is the camera on the Tocco like cgwils?

Guy beside me has one. We were playing with smile detection yesterday which seemed to work, we had a laugh with it. Seems decent otherwise. Haven't done a detailed look at the photos though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I think the reason you're getting last name first is because of the formatting SE phones use for their contacts. when i switched from a w810i to the n95 thats what happened to me. its not the toccos fault. the only way to fix it is to either re edit all your contacts one at a time on the phone, or back them up to pc and edit them there. either way, you have to re edit all your contacts.

Advertisement