Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT228-Year 1 Chat [mega-merge]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭GeeksRUS

mike009 wrote: »
    thanks a lot, and thats strange that it doesnt work for you, it works fine for me, heres the link for registration,

http://www.comp.dit.ie/website07/news.php?id=10
    Thanks man it totally worked...to think i have been running around in circles lol...
    when is the launch beginning? and we have classes like? i seriously dont know how we are supposed to be there :confused:

thanks a lot, and thats strange that it doesnt work for you, it works fine for me, heres the link for registration,

http://www.comp.dit.ie/website07/news.php?id=109

what do we do with the event id? it says confirm/..but the button isnt activated?

GeeksRUS wrote: »
    what do we do with the event id? it says confirm/..but the button isnt activated?
    **** it starts half 20..so we have to be in school early anyways...so how do i confirm if i cant click button? :confused:

http://www.comp.dit.ie/website07/news.php?id=109
    yo dude..sorry man..did we get a referral code? do u know..cause the thing wont confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

Has anyone lost Random Access Memory? That was hilariously random earlier! Who the f*** leaves ram lying around the place?

and on another note I'm registered now for the windows 7 thing! even as a mac user(except for my netbook) it sounds good and Windows 7 beta is quality on my little netbook!

Oh and when do we find out our class groups and who's in them??

• Advertisement

adamtj09 wrote: »
    Has anyone lost Random Access Memory? That was hilariously random earlier! Who the f*** leaves ram lying around the place?

and on another note I'm registered now for the windows 7 thing! even as a mac user(except for my netbook) it sounds good and Windows 7 beta is quality on my little netbook!

Oh and when do we find out our class groups and who's in them??

LOL it worked for me finally..and it isnt on monday but on a thursday sometime october..
    lol RAM? who doesnt know what a RAM is and why shuld any1 hav it on them anyways? lol GAS...
    i dont know man..but i sure hope i get a real good class..not some crappy class..
    im not impressed that the lab sessions might clash or sumthing..THAT sucks

LOL it worked for me finally..and it isnt on monday but on a thursday sometime october..
    lol RAM? who doesnt know what a RAM is and why shuld any1 hav it on them anyways? lol GAS...
    i dont know man..but i sure hope i get a real good class..not some crappy class..
    im not impressed that the lab sessions might clash or sumthing..THAT sucks
    naw..i heard there was some big security hole in windows 7...hopefully it might be fixed with another crappy patch lol

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

You know Seán Campbell's video, where it had an antiqued style and his voice went all high pitched like he was on helium all of a sudden, was that supposed to happen even though it seemed like a malfunction or what? Because it was pretty damn funny.

Adriatic wrote: »
    You know Seán Campbell's video, where it had an antiqued style and his voice went all high pitched like he was on helium all of a sudden, was that supposed to happen even though it seemed like a malfunction or what? Because it was pretty damn funny.

tbh i think the whole day was full of malfunctions(dvd didnt work, rushed tour, lack of internet, ridiculous queues to register/get id card) still enjoyed the day though!

ps (wooooooohhhhhhhh) err no!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Speaking of malfunctions anyone else not able to log onto their student email?

EDIT: and I just locked myself out of my account :P uhhhhh!!

• Advertisement

Speaking of malfunctions anyone else not able to log onto their student email?

EDIT: and I just locked myself out of my account :P uhhhhh!!

I got into my email by putting the C9405xxxxxx number in and my dob as password worked nicely!When I put my email address in it tells me lots of s*** about @"'::;? not being allowed to be used I was like WTF?:rolleyes: but the number worked so its fine for now!

Oh right cheers I probably shoulda read that entire sheet they gave us :P I was putting in the password from the registration from today *facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Razthor

Anyone else lol when the chap asked "Did anyone lose any RAM?" :D I actually thought he was joking.

Managed to get a free t-shirt from Sean aswell for shouting "YE". Overall a good day

Really that wasn't a joke? Why the hell did someone bring RAM with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Razthor

Well the guy with the glasses was taken it seriously. No idea why someone would bring it, you'd really wanna be some ejet. I woulda love to see the person that claimed it.

adamtj09 wrote: »
    tbh i think the whole day was full of malfunctions(dvd didnt work, rushed tour, lack of internet, ridiculous queues to register/get id card) still enjoyed the day though!

ps (wooooooohhhhhhhh) err no!

lol yeah man..this is supposed to be the biggest IT in Ireland..and it is so unorganised..i sure hope they get themselves sorted out by Monday...
    jeez does any1 else find Art Sloan ..unlikable? or is it just me? i could barely understand him when he was talking! :(

lol yeah man..this is supposed to be the biggest IT in Ireland..and it is so unorganised..i sure hope they get themselves sorted out by Monday...
    jeez does any1 else find Art Sloan ..unlikable? or is it just me? i could barely understand him when he was talking! :(

ah hes alright he just seemed really uninteresting! and yeah I found him hard to understand too it was funnt when the other guy Oliver O'connor kept talking over him! his map sucked aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

He's the biggest legend there is.Ull go to love him when ya see how easy it is to pass his module

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Smidge1

Hey,
    I'm in 1st year in comp science and i walked in late to that lecture where we got our timetable. Does anyone know if i get it online? I know we aren't in till 12 on monday but can somebody tell me what other classes are on Monday and what time we finish?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I can't believe you said that.

He is a legend. You've gained yourself an enemy now.

• Advertisement

orla wrote: »
    I can't believe you said that.

He is a legend. You've gained yourself an enemy now.

Well if u guys defend him that way..i guess i was to early to judge...sorry :o

Smidge1 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm in 1st year in comp science and i walked in late to that lecture where we got our timetable. Does anyone know if i get it online? I know we aren't in till 12 on monday but can somebody tell me what other classes are on Monday and what time we finish?
    Thanks.
    you can check the web time table..log on to with ur username..webcourses.dit.ie
    and u can from there i think..ill post u the link later..busy now

Does anyone go on pronto? cause i signed up but im not sure exactly how it works?

Smidge1 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Thanks.
    http://www.dit.ie/services/registration/timetables/
    you will find the username and password there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Welcome to DIT, don't be surprised if your timetable changes about 4 times in the next month or so.
    Also, that is complete blasphemy about art sloan! The man is one of the biggest legends in that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Razthor wrote: »
    Anyone else lol when the chap asked "Did anyone lose any RAM?" :D I actually thought he was joking.

Managed to get a free t-shirt from Sean aswell for shouting "YE". Overall a good day

That ram thing was freaking hilarious!

"Yes sorry thats my ram I brought it with me just in case..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

hahaha only in a comp sci gathering...

what a total complete walking stereotype.

any of you guys in the last group to be brought on the tour?

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Welcome to DIT, don't be surprised if your timetable changes about 4 times in the next month or so.
    Also, that is complete blasphemy about art sloan! The man is one of the biggest legends in that place!

when u were first starting - dont tell me u immediately thought here - this chap is a legend? i seriously doubt that. as i sed my opinions might change.i want it to..

falipo wrote: »
    That ram thing was freaking hilarious!

"Yes sorry thats my ram I brought it with me just in case..."

the way he kept spelling it out - random access memory - jeez that was even more funny...and completely
    random lol :L

• Advertisement

is anyone using pronto?

Advertisement