Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT228-Year 1 Chat [mega-merge]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ya know the way were in tomorrow, but not in til twelve cos of the labs thing.

does that mean were not in for the afternoon lab either??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LeotCol

Not sure.....I'll plan to be in from 12 to 4 but if we're done after communications and personal dev. then yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

isnt tomorrow sunday not Monday?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

adamtj09 wrote: »
    isnt tomorrow sunday not Monday?:p

Someone give him a free t-shirt for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

GeeksRUS wrote: »
    when u were first starting - dont tell me u immediately thought here - this chap is a legend? i seriously doubt that. as i sed my opinions might change.i want it to..

I had heard how great he was on here and i figured "he cant be that great", pretty much 10mins into the lecture and when we got his fabled map, i beleived the hype :p

In our first week or 2 we didn't have any labs whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Shoot-a

I didn't get one of those fabled maps due to the vast amount of people in the course. Does any one know where that Communications & Personal Development is on? KE? wheres that? I really should have listened on the tour but that chicks hair was so distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

hush im all disorientated...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

3935878058_9e3a484bb3.jpg
    3935877532_7bcbbcfa2a.jpg
    I don't know why he didn't just take a picture of the fire exit layout and edit it with the room numbers tbh

Also link for people who want a bigger pic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30169066@N03/3935878058/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/30169066@N03/3935877532/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭GeeksRUS

Shoot-a wrote: »
    I didn't get one of those fabled maps due to the vast amount of people in the course. Does any one know where that Communications & Personal Development is on? KE? wheres that? I really should have listened on the tour but that chicks hair was so distracting.
    The on wiv the red hair? lol .. that wasnt a tour..it was a joke lmao..we dint even get to see the labs and all.anyways.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I had heard how great he was on here and i figured "he cant be that great", pretty much 10mins into the lecture and when we got his fabled map, i beleived the hype :p

In our first week or 2 we didn't have any labs whatsoever

lol...his map is actually well drawn i hav to admit..

• Advertisement

How many birds are doing computer science? a chap said 3 but i seriously doubt it..maybe they're in computing? :eek: lol im just saying what everyone is thinking...comp sci aint no chick magnet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Its true its not but business seems to be!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

How many birds are doing computer science? a chap said 3 but i seriously doubt it..maybe they're in computing? :eek: lol im just saying what everyone is thinking...comp sci aint no chick magnet :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever seen a winged, bipedal, endothermic (warm-blooded), vertebrate animals that lay eggs ever do computer science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭davedrave

are we in tomoro lads?! dunno whats going on lol

Its true its not but business seems to be!!!!!

Ugh i really hate business! lol :D

orla wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen a winged, bipedal, endothermic (warm-blooded) Hey!! I did biology you know xD, vertebrate animals that lay eggs ever do computer science.
    You did :cool:

we should realy hav more girls doing Comp Sci..or maybe is for the best? no distracting cleavage lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

orla wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen a winged, bipedal, endothermic (warm-blooded), vertebrate animals that lay eggs ever do computer science.
    ehh what about that person who had a nose like a beak, had blond feathers on their head and walked like a pigeon with other pigeons following them?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

davedrave wrote: »
    are we in tomoro lads?! dunno whats going on lol

i think u just need to check the webtimetable

first lessons seems OO Programmin in K408 @ 11

right?

yes according to the timetable

did anyone get any letters or anything about registration?

according to this its tuesday??

http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/registrations/0910kevinstreet/2nd%20and%20Sub.%20year%20Reg%20Schedule%20-%202009-2010%20-%20Student%20Version.pdf

confused/

just read the bottom of it and it says classes start at 21st so i guess its tomoro

• Advertisement

the username is "Student Science" and the password is "science"

apparently we're in at 11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

seems to be 9 if im readin it right

Software Engineering 2
    Tutorial
    Kevin Street - Annexe - G-028
    BARRETT, JUNE
    09:00-10:00
    23-30, 33-37
    DT228/2
    DT228/2A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Timetable is attached below.Seems were in at 9
    Stupid thing is showing it wrong.The tutorial on at 9 on tuesday should be shown on monday i think.Going by this
    Ah ffs it has different modules overlapping each other and everything.:angry:Best bet is to go in at 9 and check the timetable up at the computing office

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

Soby wrote: »
    seems to be 9 if im readin it right

Software Engineering 2
    Tutorial
    Kevin Street - Annexe - G-028
    BARRETT, JUNE
    09:00-10:00
    23-30, 33-37
    DT228/2
    DT228/2A

23-40 are the weeks! so If i remember well the first weeks are 4-16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

Shoot-a wrote: »

Its in Kevin Street. Walk in Main Doors. Up the Stairs 3 Floors. Go Right, all the way down Corridor to the end, at the next stairs. At the Top of that stairs, Theres a lecture hall (on left when you come up). In there I'm pretty sure.
    Its easy to tell if its Comp science class, eh hence no girls, well maybe 1 or 2..

QUESTION:
    Do We have the Programming lab at 2.o.c after does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Shoot-a

Great.Thanks a mill all. Esp for those pics (where else if not in a comp science thread!)

Yeah that chick with the pink hair's tour wasnt great lol.

Lack of birds indeed.Business is certainly the aviary course.Just wait until we are all successful tech monkeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

my back up plan incase of the lack of birds is to make friends with the business and arts ones!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You did :cool:

we should realy hav more girls doing Comp Sci..or maybe is for the best? no distracting cleavage lol ;)

If your doing comp science you probably have your own set of boobs to look at.

P.S I did Comp Science and graduate on the 17th October with a 2.1.. BOOO YEH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So, we're voting 9 then?

Hands up who hasn't gotten any registration info?

• Advertisement

23-30 are the weeks so i think first class is at eleven

yeah i din get anything about registering

Advertisement