Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT228-Year 1 Chat [mega-merge]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

conor-w wrote: »
    get out of our thread

Gráinne !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Argh, this makes no sense.

Yes, can we have our two separate thread again, one for this years 1st years, one for this years 2nd years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

Yes, can we have our two separate thread again, one for this years 1st years, one for this years 2nd years?

+1.

2nd Years Smell !

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

i agree

freshmans...
    Demotivational%2BPosters_disgust-picard.jpg.small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Both of them were set up for 1st years. If 2nd years want to start a thread they can... but both merged threads were created from two 1st year threads to begin with.

Sorting through the vast majority of 1st year posts to pick out any 2nd year ones is far too much work when really there's nothing here that really makes a difference after the merge.

2nd years: start a new thread if you want to.

1st years: stop moaning.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ok so...

what did you guys make of today?

databases seemed pretty boring, problem solving was ok though, if a bit pointless at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 davep90

Hey guys, just found this thread great idea btw.
    How is everyone finding the course so far? I think it’s great, art is a legend that map he gave us was crazy lol. Anyone finding fat American woman a bit nuts?, don’t remember her ridiculous name but she seems completely useless, how many times does she have to mention she’s been on TV and radio lol.
    I agree with you m8, databases was kinda dull today. I'm enjoying the haskel part of problem solving though it seems simple to use could be interesting later.

SEE YAS TOMORROW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hhaha Good luck with Shoemaker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

davep90 wrote: »
    how many times does she have to mention she’s been on TV and radio lol.

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots.

Tread carefully, as well as TV and Radio, she also likes to keep an eye on her internet profile.

The subject is actually a good idea, but it's a huge waste of time in the execution. It's only for one semester though, you just have to grit your teeth and put up with it.

Remember; keep your attendance good, and just come to terms with the idea that she's always right, even when she's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭GeeksRUS

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots.

Tread carefully, as well as TV and Radio, she also likes to keep an eye on her internet profile.

The subject is actually a good idea, but it's a huge waste of time in the execution. It's only for one semester though, you just have to grit your teeth and put up with it.

Remember; keep your attendance good, and just come to terms with the idea that she's always right, even when she's wrong.

OMG! it took me ages to figure out they merged the threads - well not ages but im pretty pissed.

Art Sloan has finally split the groups and i know no one there!! :( im crap at making friends ****
    lol im pure confused...do you see the way we get lectures..we dont actually have notes and what we have to study. especially for Andrea Curley.
    While i love leslies accent..i hope are assignments arent hard..Is it neccessary to talk in class?

• Advertisement

I have been looking for a place to download C..anyone know a site? im stuck there...
    I think hugs is cool..although he hasnt explained much...he keeps talking about integers and natural numbers and going on the labs and checking the labs on their own..wont he help us or elaborate further..?
    not to be mean the chap seems confused..as if he is lost or something

i found a way to understand the 3*4 + 5 is real easy...
    just use BODMAS
    B - brackets
    O - of
    D - division
    M - MULTIPLY
    A - ADD
    S - SUbtract

so far so good
    the int > int declaration does it mean we input an integer and at the end we get an integer but we cant get a float?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

hey does anyone in group c want to swap with me in group a?everyone i know is in that group and I really wanna be in that group!

adamtj09 wrote: »
    hey does anyone in group c want to swap with me in group a?everyone i know is in that group and I really wanna be in that group!
    this thread is a bit slower..
    i was wrong i actually know a few in Group A so im grand lol..
    i was looking at the hugs exercises Lawlor gave us..i found 3^2^3 a bit confusing.. apparently we have to treat the 2 as a whole number..so we get 8 and it becomes 3 ^ 8...how the hell does that work..normally u multiply 2 by 3 so it is 3 ^ 6 instead of it being right to left..wat type of maths is this? :confused: lol

GeeksRUS wrote: »
    this thread is a bit slower..
    i was wrong i actually know a few in Group A so im grand lol..
    i was looking at the hugs exercises Lawlor gave us..i found 3^2^3 a bit confusing.. apparently we have to treat the 2 as a whole number..so we get 8 and it becomes 3 ^ 8...how the hell does that work..normally u multiply 2 by 3 so it is 3 ^ 6 instead of it being right to left..wat type of maths is this? :confused: lol

I more meant that hopefully ill be allowed move group!i think art sloan said the other dayyou could swap just gotta find someone who will swap i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I really doubt that labs are gonna be a very social thing so I wouldn't worry about group your in

I really doubt that labs are gonna be a very social thing so I wouldn't worry about group your in

yeah i know thats a valid point! still wanna swap though!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Shoot-a

yeah ill swap if you want, im easy ... in relation to swapping.

Shoot-a wrote: »
    yeah ill swap if you want, im easy ... in relation to swapping.

wow really?CHEERS means a lot to me man!are you sure you dont mind?

yeah no worries, dont know many people so far so its all good.

yeah no worries, dont know many people so far so its all good.

ahh right im sure youll find loadsa friends! Whats your name just so we can swap easily?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LeotCol

The only person I know is in Group A and I'm in Group B.
    But I'm not really that bothered though, labs will probably be alright. And I'd say that we will probably be helping each other out anyways so we will get to know people I guess.

ciaran schutte, guy whos been wearing the dark green hoody last few days. longish hair ,which doesnt really narrow me down in a computer science class apparantly

ciaran schutte, guy whos been wearing the dark green hoody last few days. longish hair ,which doesnt really narrow me down in a computer science class apparantly

haha not really!! my names adam johnston ive longish hair too !lol ehh ill have to find you in the mornings lecture!im the guy who shoemaker gave out to today and said shed move me to the front lol:rolleyes: so i dont know how exactly ill find you?

IF i knew where art sloan's office was i could meet you there at 10.45 to sort it out.

IF i knew where art sloan's office was i could meet you there at 10.45 to sort it out.

you could just meet me outside the canteen or somewhere or even outside a lecture room like 1008 or somethin??

if the worst comes to the worst you go as adam johnston from now on and ill go as ciaran schutte lol :P

lol interesting proposal you might have difficulty pronouncing my name unless you did german for the lc though :pac: <- just reminded me of the pacman example from databases class !

up to yourself. if you wnt to just name a time and place and ill see you there. i presume we ask art to change it.

lol interesting proposal you might have difficulty pronouncing my name unless you did german for the lc though :pac: <- just reminded me of the pacman example from databases class !

up to yourself. if you wnt to just name a time and place and ill see you there. i presume we ask art to change it.

yeah i assume so!so how about 10.45 at those benches in the front hallway thing u know them??ps the pacman thign was typical of databases so far!pointless same with the itunes questions!!every question was nearly the same!!!

grand cya then. lol yeah certainly was, i was expecting to see " Sponsored by Apple" at the end of those q's with regard to the output device q.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Art Sloan's office is on the first of the main building in K113A. At the Gleeson Hall go up the stairs to the first floor and turn right, walk down about 10 to 15 metres and you will reach Art's Office. The office is on the right hand side.

Peter

• Advertisement

grand cya then. lol yeah certainly was, i was expecting to see " Sponsored by Apple" at the end of those q's with regard to the output device q.

haha yeah! do you notice how anti mac dit computing seem to be?

and thanks peter thats helpful!

Advertisement