Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT228-Year 1 Chat [mega-merge]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Also here is the timetable for DT228/1 for the 1st & 2nd semesters.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Shoot-a

cheers peter. lol its kind of like the unspoken evil. someone should just say: "i use a mac" at some stage while were coding and see if they're kicked out of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LeotCol

They all seem to hate macs.....and I bet they all have Ipods lol

Is any one thinking of getting one of these "cheap" student laptops from latopsforstudents?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

Shoot-a wrote: »
    Is any one thinking of getting one of these "cheap" student laptops from latopsforstudents?

I wouldnt exactly call them cheap!they are all really dated aswell like they would have been acceptable 2 years ago

• Advertisement

yeah thats why I have cheap in the 'ol " ". Like I know places where you can get far better specs for over 150 less than their top model.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

yeah thats why I have cheap in the 'ol " ". Like I know places where you can get far better specs for over 150 less than their top model.

yeah but maybe thats cause we are computer science students??maybe like business students dont know anout laptop prices??Lol oh well!anyway man ill cya at 10.45 thanks again!i owe you a pint :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

Their only for people that don't know crap about laptops/computers.

It's like a 70 year old woman going in and looking for a system with a basic internet browser so she can look at dirty things.
    The guy in the Shop will sell her a whopper laptop with 12gig Ram and 5TBs of memory.

Don't get Dragged in2 dat shid!

P.S. Don't buy an Acer laptop. Theyre icky and unreliable! Hence my Tab button doesnt work..

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Unless your the guy that didn't know what information technology meant, I think you can do a lot better laptop wise....

laptops direct is pretty good to or at least was...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Peadar06 wrote: »
    I hope this helps. It is in a readable excel file.

Peter

Sure thats right.Thers a overlap of a lecture and lap there on Monday.And we definatly have Software Engineering this semester.One of the timtables had weeks 23-46

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh only seeing this now guys.

i just deleted my .ics files for the timetables for years 1-4 for DT228. would have been handy for ya's as they don't change from year to year except maybe one or two rooms.

if ya had an exchange account you could have the timetable event pushed to ya 15-30 minutes before hand.

I was merely posing the question I'm certainly not buying one and no i wasnt the guy who didnt know what IT was. just so were clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭GeeksRUS

i was wrong...Art Sloan is crackn! He actually teaches in a way that makes the course enjoyable :pac:
    Michael Collins is awesome as well - ding and dong? :D
    If you want to be a programmer, you should have gone to UCD.you will be software engineers..as nice as that sounds..it ends up being the same thing lol :P
    i went to aungier street..everything abt is so much better than Kevin Street! Even the labs and THEY dont even need it. The labs is so cool and comfortable..with pretty computers that get me drooling..love the mouses...
    Guess the school head doesnt respect scientists that much........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

i missed the last two days with some form of the swine.

anything really important go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

i missed the last two days with some form of the swine.

anything really important go down?

Not a tap man, don't worry about it!

didnt miss anything apart from the numerous strange and wonderful events that happened in bizz management class of all things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LeotCol

I'll show you the programming stuff we did when you're back. Has anyone confirmed its swine flu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

'Afternoon lads. I've never been to problem solving (only regged on Thursday). Did I miss a lot?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

They just showed us the ropes, to get things started, not much missed that you can't catch up on.

LeotCol wrote: »
    I'll show you the programming stuff we did when you're back. Has anyone confirmed its swine flu?

cheers mate!

no confirmation, but considering what was happening to me, it matches up. It was either that or a very very bad normal flu..

either way, seem to be over the worst of it!!!

Dick_Solomon.jpg

all i see when I look at Richard Lawlor.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 NiteOwl2

didnt miss anything apart from the numerous strange and wonderful events that happened in bizz management class of all things.

what happened ??

lol nada. he hasnt shown up at all yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Razthor

The less that business prof doesn't come the better. I didn't do this course for business.

Only real work we've done is Programming and maybe Databases. Catch up with that pretty sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Razthor wrote: »
    The less that business prof doesn't come the better. I didn't do this course for business.

Only real work we've done is Programming and maybe Databases. Catch up with that pretty sharpish

Is it just because you didn't know what Information Technology was? :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Guys are we in for the labs tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

Guys are we in for the labs tomorrow?

Yes why not, the groups have been made and changed here

so where does it say where each group is?

like im in group A, but is that on the timetable or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

The thing is are we like registered so we can log onto the machines in the labs?

so where does it say where each group is?

like im in group A, but is that on the timetable or what?

Problem Solving:
    http://www.comp.dit.ie/rlawlor/Prob_Solv/lab1.html

Programming:
    http://www.comp.dit.ie/mcollins/dt228-1/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 macki

Just making sure, the labs tomorow morning are in angier street right?

Advertisement