Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT228-Year 1 Chat [mega-merge]

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Quick question, and this seems like the best place to throw it - I've just copped that I'm missing one of my modules in Webcourses, who's the best person to speak to about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

Sam Wang wrote: »
    Hi to all Year Two mates. I'm so disappointed that I couldn't see any of you this week. I sent an email to some of the lecturers yesterday, and I decided to post it here.

OK that's all for my story. Really sounds like a "story". Actually that's what an International student has to do every year.

So I'll have to miss classes for tomorrow too:(

ps: just a few doubts. Does anybody know who is our mentor this year and could give his/her email to me plz? I need to talk to him/her regarding my absence for this week. Also, how do I know which group I will be in?

Thx:)

This is Frank's Email. He is our mentor this year.
    Frank.Duignan@dit.ie

Drop him an email, he's sound out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Quick question, and this seems like the best place to throw it - I've just copped that I'm missing one of my modules in Webcourses, who's the best person to speak to about it?

Talk to your lecturer, thats the best bet :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Strange_Fruit

If anyone would like a free copy of C++ for dummies in year 2 computer science give me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

Anyone know if the second years have a test on Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

are there any kevin street labs open today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Anyone know if the second years have a test on Monday?

Good question..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

Anyone have the 2007 solution paper for maths for the second years the link is not working for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

Em..so what happens 3rd year?
    Do we apply for internship, or does the college do so for everyone?
    I am pretty sure we can do it for ourselves..but I hate writing CVs..
    When is the internship, 1st or 2nd semester?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sam Wang

Eman_321 wrote: »
    Em..so what happens 3rd year?
    Do we apply for internship, or does the college do so for everyone?
    I am pretty sure we can do it for ourselves..but I hate writing CVs..
    When is the internship, 1st or 2nd semester?
    Thanks

2nd semester. under any circumstances CV has to be written by yourself.

there are always some students who don't succeed in finding one and have to study the whole semester every year, so I think it's up to us ourselves to whether or not apply for the intern. college will only gives some suggestions and recommendations (only my thoughts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Any chance this is going to get up and running for 2011's first years? How did we all get on in induction today?

Advertisement