Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

8k to spend on a sports car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

paddy316i wrote: »
    Don't mind those Jap tin buckets - get a proper car!

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/3-Series
    /328-E36/982520/
    If someone was going to spend that amount of wedge on a BMW, and consider paying the road tax on a 2.8, then surely they'd be better off to go a couple of years older and get a real deal M3?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

superjosh9 wrote: »
    I don't know how else to describe that beemer but as 'gay'. It has 'M3 leather'. Whoa.

I'd rather have an M3 ENGINE.

I think it would be hard to find an un-abused bmw for that kind of money.

Your childhood called - it wants its insults back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 caibidil

superjosh9 wrote: »
    I was referring to that particular vehicle complete with its 'M3 Leather' - twas that which makes me think that car, and not 328s in general, is gay!

Mate what are you talking about??? Have you any idea how much those vaders go for??? (that's what the seats are referred to as) €1000 +

You couldn't really buy an E36 without them - it makes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭406C

PM

this looks good 2.0, 1 owner and low miles (11750). There never was an ST version so I can only assume it is the SE version with leather interior, auto lights fully amped 8 speaker JBL stereo set up etc. I have a diesel version of this car and it is fine. Its advertised over the 8K you stated but you can be sure hard bargaining and cash these days will move that off the forecourt and into your brothers drive for alot closer to 8K than the asking price.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/406/2.0-ST/1193008/

CB4_1193008_1_767676.jpg

also check out http://www.peugeot406coupe.com/phpBB2/

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AJ1

You could go for a Ford Probe. There are some on Carzone -> [url=http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=100&MakeID=9&xMakeID=9&ModelID=84&xModelID=84&Year=&xYear=&Price_Max=&searchtext=&x=103&y=13url} HERE[/url]

I got a metallic silver '95 2.5L in June with 70K on it, it has air-con, dvd player, 17" alloys and leather seats for €1,900;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Tony Broke wrote: »
    Toyota Levin are nice.

They're anything but.

All they are is the completely forgettable Corolla in a nicer body.

The Super Strut Suspension is complex and goes wrong a lot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

pm. wrote: »
    hi all as it says 8k to spend what would you guys recommend ? max engine size 2 litre

bmw... 320ti ?? the compact ?? nice set of tyres and you have the ultimate coupe...

nothing else really worth driving for that kinda money..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

lightening wrote: »
    What defines a "sports car"? Are Toyota Celicas and Honda Civics sports cars? That Nissan 200 SX S14A Turbo looks like a saloon car, the Civics are surely hatchbacks.... educate me here please!!

civics are for retards - Very simple to fix but 1 nut Generally holds on 3 parts, the Vtec is well... Over rated, poor handling, heavy undertseer over 60 mph, its a civic...

200sx: most undesirable of the range... nice car but a S13 ( s180/240sx ) or a S15 would be a much much better purchase.... hence why the 200sx are so cheap...

the celica would be a safe bet but you grow out of jap cars oce you get your first years exp on the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Fancy a convertible? Selling a 98' saab converible for 6k. 2 litres, and a great fun / sporty car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Have a look at a 306 GTI-6, you'd get a mint one well under your budget. They handle like a dream, drive very well and have a nice 2.0 16V 167bhp engine. Sporty hot hatch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Have a look at a 306 GTI-6, you'd get a mint one well under your budget. They handle like a dream, drive very well and have a nice 2.0 16V 167bhp engine. Sporty hot hatch!

Good call. I'd nearly forgotten about the GTI-6. Used to have a real soft spot for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Toyota MR2 is probably the closest to a true sportscar thats reliable and comfortable, seats are great btw, 2 seater etc, try to get a low miliage one like mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

406C wrote: »
    CB4_1193008_1_767676.jpg

Some people seem to have very interesting ideas of sports cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I'd definately second the FTO that was mentioned earlier . They are a proper sports car and very few of them around which is a plus.

Advertisement