Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

18, Full Licence, 1 year named driver accross 2 large cars, insurance ?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

right im 18, i have a full license for a year and ive got named driver experience on 2 cars (1 year running simultaneously, one being 2.5 litre TD, the other 3.5 V6 Petrol) and i want to know whats the most lenient insurance company ? , i hate small cars and dont want anything smaller than a 1.8 but im looking around the 2 litre mark, any insurers out there who wont mind quoting me ? ill even except a ridiculous quote like 4 grand, just need a quote instead of a 'no'

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Must places will qoute you if you ring them.

try Hibernian, they would be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

Just keep ringing quinn direct, they will give u a different quote every time. Then just take the lowest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

cheers, no websites will quote me anything over 1500cc :( theres no good saloons/estates/4x4's in that bracket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Are you in college? AXA do student insurance that is really good. Not sure if they have an engine limit though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Try a good motor broker. You are out of the "normal" market.

• Advertisement

cheers henry, im well aware of that, just because i dont want a clio or a civic i get penalised :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

try insure.ie there a broker called Mike murphy based in sandyford inst park. break out the yellow pages and just ring about.

You could take a look at a Toyota Glanza's

i hope that was a joke bikki , its not the engine size, its the actual car size, but a big car nd small engine dont match up

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Quinn will usually quote *anything* over the phone, otherwise there is always XSDirect...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

i hope that was a joke bikki , its not the engine size, its the actual car size, but a big car nd small engine dont match up

1.4 Jetta is big enough ?
    What about a 1.9 Diesel .. much easier to get quotes on

At the end of the day ur 18 and have only been named on some body elses policy for a year. Most insurance company's will ignore that anyway. If u dont want made insurance ur looking at something not much bigger than a 1.3 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

1.6 Toyota Carina FTW.

Big, good power, cheap, hundreds of taxi drivers cant be wrong :D

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Carina/laburne/1192852/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Get a small car, insure it, keep it for 2-3 months, buy something bigger and take the hit on renewal.

Advertisement