Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 day Christmas Hotel Break..opinions?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Evening all.

I was considering organising a Family reunion over christmas at nice hotel in Ireland.

I see the Galway bay hotel and Hodson bay hotel do a 3 day pakage for 625pp.

Has anyone ever spent christmas in a hotel. Or even in one these hotels?

Was it good craic or just cheesey and awkward?

Any advice appreciated.

Apologies for bringing up the C word in September!!

Thanks,

Wavey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mrsmagoo

Our family did it for the very first time last Christmas.

Best Christmas we ever had.

I'm sure most hotels across the country do a package deal. I would highly recommend it. No hassle, pure luxury, great food, no cleaning up.. a real break.

We went to the Johnstown Marriott Hotel near Enfield. Excellent quality. Perfect. Any Marriott Hotel would be of the same standard. The hotel was booked out but you wouldn't never have known it as it did not seem too busy.

You won't regret it if you do it.. only problem is that you'll never want to go back to a traditional Christmas again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We were in the Raddison in Sligo last Christmas and it was excellent - we have not had Christmas at home since my mum became ill and we find it an excellent way to spend a Christmas.

Advertisement