Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop help !

Options
  • 23-09-2008 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-004-OK

Yo just ordered the above laptop. I am unable to install windows XP pro I get a blue screen once the drives are finished loading and just as Windows is about to startup I get a BSOD.

Technical info. STOP: 0x0000007b (0xf78d2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000x 0x0000000000).

Tried 2 different burned cds of xp pro and 1 legit cd of windows xp home. On all three same error same time.

Strange thing is ... I am able to install Windows Vista premimum 64-bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Just tried the cds in a different laptop. They get past that stage with no bsod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Sounds like a problem with the DVD drive. Is there an OS already installed ?

windows vista installed fine. and its working with vista.

I think its the Chipset drivers that are not being installed from the xp cd. But I havn got a clue how to put them on before installing the os

Think I sorted this. Its installing XP now.

Had to use nLite to attach the raid drivers(even tho it dont have a asiljdasj .. raid) to the cd. burned it and voila

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Think I sorted this. Its installing XP now.

Had to use nLite to attach the raid drivers(even tho it dont have a asiljdasj .. raid) to the cd. burned it and voila

I know you have already sorted it, but i have seen this in the past and have found the fix to be in the bios, changing the SATA controler to IDE. Helped me today with an HP that had vista but need to downgrade to xp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement