Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Office 2007

• 23-09-2008 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

This may be the wrong forum, feel free to move:)

I need to get a Microsoft Office 2007 Package (Is 2007 the latest?). Where would I get it cheapest? Only I hear about these '91% off for students' etc. deals.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

hey Conor, what do you need it for exactly, just word processing, presentations? You can download OpenOffice for free, does just about everything MS office can do, can open Microsoft documents, alter or create them. The package comes with a wordprocessor (similar to word), spreadsheet program (similar to excel), presentation program (similar to powerpoint) and a database program (similar enough to access).

Again, it's completely free, but if you want MS Office, the general version is Home and Student, which can be got for about €80ish OEM, click here for Dabs (The student/home version contains, word, excel, powerpoint and one touch).
    Retail is about 120ish. The full retail version (includes word, excel, powerpoint, publisher, access) - €560 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

You can buy the home and student edition, you don't need to be a student. Its in tesco for around €70 at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

wow, that's reasonably acceptable for a retail version NeoRox.
    Pitty 2007 is a piece of crap, it looks like an OS within an OS, tis ugly says I :P
    Ah well, at least people can't argue (for the most part) that the reason they have a pirate version is because the price was extortionate etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

07 is much better than 03 , no comparison , Excel is a bazillion times easier to use , and so many more themes and Graphics options in word you can make awesome looking projects and the like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Thanks Guys! Yep I use OpenOffice myself but my mam is doing some MS Office course so she needs it.

What exactly is in that Home and Student edition? Is it just
    Microsoft Excel
    Microsoft OneNote
    Microsoft Powerpoint
    Microsoft Word?

I'd need Microsoft Access, is that there? Or do I need a different version?

Edit: Okay I think this is the one I need. With Access and OneNote. Is there a cheaper one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Hi Conor, Microsoft Office Professional Plus will do you either from that site and its a few quid cheaper too. Your Mam probably wont need OneNote.

Advertisement