Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Coursework

Options
  • 23-09-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

So I've decided to go out on a limb and choose The Beatles Bigger Than Jesus as my chosen module. Anyone think this is actually a good idea or will be viewed as a 'novelty' project and I should stick to 'serious' History? I already have a good notion as to how Ill piece it all together and of its historic relevance. Thoughts?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The album or the theory? :pac:

Cool and different. The markers respect people who go for something different. As long as you show it's historical significance and give sources etc. you'll be grand. 90% + is easily obtainable in the project if you just do the simple things right.

Gluk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Just as long as its in some way historical significant or what resound effect it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

As long as you have your three sources and can get a 1,300 word essay out of it, why not? It helps if one of your sources is by a respected or note-worthy historian. It's amazing what the difference of "Professor" can make in the subject title - and then it gives you a lot of room to spin crap into your evaluation of sources.

That sounds like an interesting topic, I have to say! People in my class did stuff like Hitler's Bunker, Hunger Strikers, Sophie Scholl, Nelson Mandela, Pol Pot etc. but I know one girl did Marilyn Monroe or something so that's not too far off what you're doing!

Advertisement