Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot sauce

• 23-09-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Can anyone recommend a hot sauce for dipping/putting on wraps etc.

I am a huge fan of Busha Brownes Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce and generally buy whatever is on the shelf when I am in Dunnes but they are forever selling out and it rarely comes back in a hurry. Have tried ordering online, and contacting the manufactuer, but with no joy.

More interested in very spicy as opposed to sweet and spicy or tasty sauces, i.e. it has to burn!

P.S. if anyone spots this on the shelves anywhere in the country please drop me a PM.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Encona hot sauces - you should be able to get some in Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Try this stuff - linkied from another thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55458574&postcount=7

It's a pantry staple for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Minder wrote: »
    Encona hot sauces - you should be able to get some in Tesco.

+1 for encona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Thanks for the recommendations, keep 'em coming.

I've ordered some Baron's Blazing Pepper Sauce from www.scorchio.co.uk , which looks like it has some good stuff, not least

Pain Is Good

:eek:

I see they have the aforementioned Encona as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Redsoxfan wrote: »

I've ordered some Baron's Blazing Pepper Sauce from www.scorchio.co.uk , which looks like it has some good stuff

I took a punt and ordered a bottle of this stuff too. It arrived today, nicely packed. I haven't tried it yet but looking forward to it. I would definitely recommend that Scorchio site.

• Advertisement

Spunj wrote: »
    I took a punt and ordered a bottle of this stuff too. It arrived today, nicely packed. I haven't tried it yet but looking forward to it. I would definitely recommend that Scorchio site.

When did you order it? No sign of mine yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Ordered it on Sunday, it arrived on Wednesday. Postman had to knock on the door as the package was too big for the letterbox. You didn't miss a little slip of paper telling you to collect something at the Post Office?

It arrived at the sorting office on Wednesday and I collected it yesterday.

Damn, it is hot...maybe hotter than the Busha Brownes.

Picked up the last 2 bottles of Encona in Dunnes Cornelscourt at the weekend.

Good, not great. Would prefer my Busha Brownes and the Baron's tbh.

But a good substitute.

Advertisement