Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magpul MIAD grip problems

Options
  • 23-09-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I've just after getting my magpul grip in the post today. Very nice bit of kit, looks and feels great on my M4.

Now the problem is I removed the TM grip and fitted the new Magpul one and everything seemed ok. I test fired it and that worked but now the problem is when I tried it again it made a sound like the gearbox jammed then I get no sound at all. When I removed that little cover/heatsink the motor pops back a bit (like it always did) and it works fine because its out of the gearbox.

I didn't go near anything else other than the pistol grip so anyone got any ideas on whats up or how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You may need to screw back the motor plate a bit, I've found that MIAD heatsinks are raised further than stock ones so you might need to screw it back to compensate. Failing that, try using the original heatsink in the MIAD instead of the one provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

TM heatsink won't fit. I checked the motor hight in the TM grip first and matched it in the MAID. I can't figure out what's up with it (the general situation when it comes to airsoft moding). It fully compresses the spring then doesn't let it fire, unless the motor is out of whack in the grip or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It sounds like the motor is being pushed too far into the gearbox. I figured the TM heatsink would fit, I've replaced a few of the Magpul heatsinks with generic ones I had lying around, likely DBoys. Although they left a slight gap due to the different size of grip, they did screw home securely.

The Dboys ones look like they'd fit if I remember correctly. I guess the motor wires are getting stuck and pushing it in too far too. Pain in the Gluteus Maximus but damn its one sexy comfy grip.

I'll have another root at it and see if that sorts it. Cheers Dex you're a gent

All working now. <cough cough> appears to have been a half dead battery <cough cough shifty look> :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

All working now. <cough cough> appears to have been a half dead battery <cough cough shifty look> :o

ROFLMFAO

Advertisement