Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista/Laptop not recognising Ipod

• 23-09-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

My laptop has stopped recognising my ipod as an external drive. It is recognised in ITunes but not on My Computer. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but its still not working.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

go into the device manager and delete all references to the iPod. Then try plugging it in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Cheers, been messing about with that for weeks.

Not as good as I thought, now ITunes is not recognising the ipod!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

re-install the latest version of itunes , should fix it.

I tried that but its still not working. The laptop only seems to recognise the ipod as a camera for some reason and i cant see anything on it through my computer.
    What next?

• Advertisement

This is really doing my head in now.
    The laptop will either recognise the ipod as a camera but will not see any of the music that is stored on it and it will not be recognised by itunes or else it will be recognised by itunes but not by my computer. When it is recognised by itunes, I still cannot view what is on the ipod but I can play tunes from it.
    I have tried uninstalling itunes and deleting references to ipods, is there anything else I can do.
    Its my wifes ipod and she's starting to get thick with me for wrecking it on her. Need some help, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

*shrug*

try deleting both at the same time. then install itunes before reseating the ipod.

other than that you might get more informed help at an apple website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭kf1920

If u can get it recognised by itunes,
    Select your iPod and then click the Settings tab. Scroll down to the Options section. Then place a check in the Enable disk use box (if it isn’t checked already). Click Apply.

I cant find a settings tab in itunes, is that what you meant?

Advertisement