Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oyster festival on the cheap?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

with the oyster festival on this week myself and my oyster loving housemates were wondering how would be the cheapest way to partake. on their website they mention all the big events that cost one helluva lot of cash but we're not gonna pay 150 for a gala ball with a few oysters thrown in for the price.

https://www.galwayoysterfest.com/festival_schedule.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Bottle at the sparch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 13

theres a reason you cant afford it.. because they want to keep ppl who dont have money *out* :)

checkout the clarinbridge oyster festival.. it might be a bit more accessible to the public but ive never been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Catch your own, eat them at the arch with some cans of guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i've never had an oyster in my life but i live with two french foodies. does anyone know what the oyster opening yoke in the kings head would be like? it's free in and there's bound to be hundreds of oysters knocking about

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

13 wrote: »
    theres a reason you cant afford it.. because they want to keep ppl who dont have money *out* :)

checkout the clarinbridge oyster festival.. it might be a bit more accessible to the public but ive never been.

Thats already over with and it was 140 for the gala night as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Heard something about the living room giving out free oysters and guinness. Not sure if you have to pay in though but it might be worth checking out.
    Was at the Clarinbridge one 2 weeks ago and was great craic, managed to get into the marquee free but it was after the free drink and free oysters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

ronnie3585 wrote:
    Bottle at the sparch.

Plus I hear Kebab House will be doing Oyster Garlic Cheese Chips for the duration of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

toiletduck wrote: »
    Plus I hear Kebab House will be doing Oyster Garlic Cheese Chips for the duration of the festival.

Or even the famous deep fried oyster bar in guinness batter. Now that's the schnizzel!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

For a donation towards the charity of their choice on saturday u can sit in Freeneys and gorge on seafood, U just ask when u see the platters of oysters or mussels and donate into the buckets on the bar...later they dish up a seafood pasta carbinara.

mussels in tomatoe sauce were jus the business
    now the last time i was at this was two yrs ago but its worth checkin out and its cheap
    BUT REMEMBER IT IS FOR CHARITY SO DON'T BE TWO STINGY

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Dress up as an oyster they'll think your part of the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

s_carnage wrote: »
    Was at the Clarinbridge one 2 weeks ago and was great craic, managed to get into the marquee free but it was after the free drink and free oysters

Ya it was. I must have missed ya though or been on me break, I was the one on the door :D

Advertisement