Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decisions Decisions - Which Monitor to Get?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I hope to take home my new PC this week but in the meantime I haven't fully decided which monitor to get. I had initially settled on a Samsung Syncmaster T200 as I didn't want the monitor overpowering the space I was going to put it in. The T200 would set me back about €220.

This morning I found myself considering a Hanns.G 28" monster, the HG281DJ. It would be fairly sweet to have this and game at 1920 x 1080. I could pick this up for €399. Obviously it's alot more than the Samsung but it's a great price for a Full HD 28" monitor and it seems to get decent reviews.

So what to do, get the 20" Samsung or the 28" Hanns.G. It'll be going into a living room in an apartment where there is already a 32" LCD TV. So should I stick with the smaller 20" or loose the plot and plump for the 28".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

cant you just hook it up to your tv? and get the 20 inch if theres allready a massive tv i there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well the desk is setup the TV is behind me so it wouldn't be ideal. Plus using the TV I'd only be getting fairly low resolutions.

Any opinions?

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/1VeltNvgFu9PzA/articledetail.jsp?aid=20910&agid=1126

Is that the 28inch you were looking at? I supose you could get that cause of the 3ms for less then 400 fkin yoyos. But it might look funny with a 32inch tv and a 28 inch around it, I duno. I really dont know much about this stuff, just atempting to help :p

Ah thanks Ubaroo, your help is much appreciated. Yep that's the model alright. I agree it might look a little silly. A 32" in the middle of the room and a 28" at the bottom of the room on the other side BUT 28" for less than €400! So so tempting.

• Advertisement

Yea i thought it was a typo the first time I saw it :p I might get one at christmas if they stay that cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

for 400 dolla you would be nuts not to buy it. Hell, if you dont want to use it in the end hook it up in another room as a tv :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭12bore

You can get a HG281DJ from Misco.ie for €330 plus about €30 delivery.
    Just about to order one myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Some value for money

Well I went for the 20" in the end as looking at the 28" up close it really would have overpowered the desk. Got the PC home, hooked up the 20" and sitting at the desk it's large enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 radtjack

Hi there,

do you know this monitor viewsonic vx2835wm ?
    ( I am looking one on dabs.ie fro 429e delivered)
    do you know any other monitor 26"or more with av composite input?

thanks.

Advertisement