Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane to Navan Road

Options
  • 23-09-2008 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Just travelled this road recently after an absence from it and suddenly realised speed limit has been reduced to 80 km per hour. I can understand this from Stackallen to Navan stretch but not between Slane Castle gates and Stackallen as the road is wide, straight and well surfaced. Has anyone been caught on this stretch for breaking the limit.?
    Is this one of the new blackspot areas where the Gatso vans will be stationed? Do people think 80 km is an unreal low limit on this stretch.? Interested to know how people feel about this as I travel this road regularly and find my journey is taking longer as now cannot pass slower moving trucks without breaking the limit and dont want penalty points!:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

80 KPH is about right for this, there's some really bad bends, and a numer of hills as well. But the biggest problem on this stretch of road is the really dangerous driving on it by some very reckless drivers coming off the N2....

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I could never understand how that road was 100km limit, and then you have dual carriageways that are 80km. You would be hard pressed to do a 100km comfortably across that road.

In not a 'hang em high anti-speed person', but I would say the 80km limit along there is a good decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭zzap64

A 80Km limit for most of that road makes sense, it's would be impossible / incredibly dangerous to go anywhere near 100km for most of it.

However as the original poster said, the final stretch before coming into Slane is a different story, although I guess it would make things messy if you were driving from Navan and were in the new 80 zone, which changed to 100 for a mile or two near Slane before going back to 60. I'm guessing it was an all or nothing type of decision.

What about the bit following on from Slane towards Drogheda, is that 80Km now as well? (although again, that would make sense, apart from the final bit before hitting the motorway junction.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mabet

Yes, I do agree with 80km from Navan to Stackallen as that part of the road is really dangerous and twisty and I cant understand how anyone could travel on it faster. But equally I cant understand how one could continue at 80 km from Stackallen to Slane gates as this is such a good new wide road. Travelling at 80 would frustrate people behind and almost cause accidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 montyballs

i think it is mad to reduce it to 80km all their going to do is piss alot of people off which in turn will make some people try to over take a lot more on this road....... there is a lot of really bad roads around navan with higher speed limits.... anyway we will see what happen's over the next while.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement