Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Super Steward

Options
  • 23-09-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Just a little observation from a few games I've been to, so far this season.

On the Lower Tier in Park Lane stand, for some time now it's almost become accepted to stand throughout the game. Until now it's almost been a running joke that yer steward man walks up and down the by-line gesturing and vocalising that fans must sit down during the game. Fans sit down for a mere few seconds before someone starts up the song "Stand Up if you hate Arsenal" or "Stand up if you love Tottenham" etc etc. Of course everyone is then standing again and the whole process begins once more.

Well now they've introduced Mr. Super-Steward to the mix. He waits until about 25mins into the game before he appears, then stands at the top of the exit stairs.
    You'll spot him by the hi-viz orange jacket and the live-feed security camera on his head (sort of call centre style headware but on an evil looking b*stard).

He takes his time looking through the crowd(herd) until suddenly he spots his prey. Along with 3 or 4 other stewards, as back up, he pounces on the prey who is/or was standing. He then ejects him/her from the stadium. He is very calculated because
    He doesnt attack prey who are bigger then him
    He doesnt attack prey who look like hard b*stards
    He doesnt attack prey who are in groups
    No
    He targets
    individuals on their own
    or Females
    or Teenagers
    or a dad with his young son/daughter

Mr. Super-Steward is very cunning in picking the prey who will offer the least resistance possible. The fact that there may be a herd of around 4,500 in the section, doing the same thing around the prey is of no consequence to Mr. Super Steward becuase he knows he has identified, targeted and caught his prey. Job done, targets achieved and monthly bonuses attained.

If you wish to view this wonder of the un-natural world then simply purchase a ticket in either Blocks 36 or 35 Lower Tier Park Lane and watch this Predator at work but be warned you could be on his radar.

Before anyone else says it...yes I know it's sad that I've spent such time noticing these things but ffs it's been more interesting than some of the games I've been to so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Just a little observation from a few games I've been to, so far this season.

On the Lower Tier in Park Lane stand, for some time now it's almost become accepted to stand throughout the game. Until now it's almost been a running joke that yer steward man walks up and down the by-line gesturing and vocalising that fans must sit down during the game. Fans sit down for a mere few seconds before someone starts up the song "Stand Up if you hate Arsenal" or "Stand up if you love Tottenham" etc etc. Of course everyone is then standing again and the whole process begins once more.

Well now they've introduced Mr. Super-Steward to the mix. He waits until about 25mins into the game before he appears, then stands at the top of the exit stairs.

You'll spot him by the hi-viz orange jacket and the live-feed security camera on his head (sort of call centre style headware but on an evil looking b*stard).

He takes his time looking through the crowd(herd) until suddenly he spots his prey. Along with 3 or 4 other stewards, as back up, he pounces on the prey who is/or was standing. He then ejects him/her from the stadium. He is very calculated because
    He doesnt attack prey who are bigger then him
    He doesnt attack prey who look like hard b*stards
    He doesnt attack prey who are in groups
    No
    He targets
    individuals on their own
    or Females
    or Teenagers
    or a dad with his young son/daughter

Mr. Super-Steward is very cunning in picking the prey who will offer the least resistance possible. The fact that there may be a herd of around 4,500 in the section, doing the same thing around the prey is of no consequence to Mr. Super Steward becuase he knows he has identified, targeted and caught his prey. Job done, targets achieved and monthly bonuses attained.

If you wish to view this wonder of the un-natural world then simply purchase a ticket in either Blocks 36 or 35 Lower Tier Park Lane and watch this Predator at work but be warned you could be on his radar.

Before anyone else says it...yes I know it's sad that I've spent such time noticing these things but ffs it's been more interesting than some of the games I've been to so far.

I would say we get this out to as many Spurs supporters groups as possible and ask them to support people being ejected by all standing when Mr Super Steward" comes knocking - that way he has to eject everyone, and may reconsider this process after some time and arguments with larger more boisterous fans!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sounds nuts, You always get assholes like this in most positions of security I'm looking squarely at bouncers.

It would be comical if he tried to throw out some teenager and half the stand started geering him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

John W wrote: »
    I would say we get this out to as many Spurs supporters groups as possible and ask them to support people being ejected by all standing when Mr Super Steward" comes knocking - that way he has to eject everyone, and may reconsider this process after some time and arguments with larger more boisterous fans!:rolleyes:

John, the point is that most people stand in those sections anyway, so chances are they are targetting people who are standing near big lumps anyway, but they are rather calculating in who they turf out and when.

They are trying to get fans to do their work IMO, if some old geezer or lo0ke with his kid wants to sit and watch the game, they have someone else in front standing blocking their view. Stewards seem to think that in that case, the fan affected will say something to the bloke in front, when in fact they'll usually just cave in and stand themselves. End result is it's the weaker targets who pay the price cos our stewards are cowards.

It's the reason I chose the Park Lane upper for my ST four years ago, didn't fancy the possibility of losing the ticket because I have no option but to stand.

Advertisement