Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New System won't power up - Help!!!

Options
  • 23-09-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Brand new P5Q Deluxe with an E8600.
    The system posted first time into BIOS. Did not check the version of Bios but checked my CPU temp, 27 deg C at idle, very happy. I went back to the first BIOS page and started to set the time, then the PC powered off and I cannot get it to post. No bleeps, no fans running, nothing. Power seems to be coming to the board because the onboard power and reset switch are lit.
    Someone pls help..... is the motherboard, CPU or PSU???

System specs
    ASUS P5Q Deluxe
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8600
    Club3D HD4870
    4096MB-KIT Corsair Dominator P8500, CL5

Reg

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I had a similar problem and I discovered that it was a faulty heatsink, it wasn't connect to the motherboard properly and was kind of loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

It sounds like either a short or CPU is not seated correctly

so take the board of of the chassis reseat the CPU and boot it outside the chassis with just the CPU\RAM\GFX & post back the results

to boot the board without a power switch just short the power switch pins with a screwdriver

Advertisement