Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taxi NCT Test,help?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello!I have a car for a taxi and i need to go to Taxi Nct test,i have a couple of questions,and will be happy if somebody help me!Thanks

1.At this time i have just a car for taxi,what i have to do before go to Taxi Nct test,i mean,i know,that first i should buy or rent meter,roof sign and taxi plate,and when i finish that i can go to the Test?ist true?

2.If its correct,where can i go to do Taxi Nct test,would you give me some addresses in Dublin where i can past the test

For final,i really dont know what exaghtly to do,if somebody know more about what is next after buying a car for taxi to car is ready to work,please write something here!thank you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

vicente80 wrote: »
    Hello!I have a car for a taxi and i need to go to Taxi Nct test,i have a couple of questions,and will be happy if somebody help me!Thanks

1.At this time i have just a car for taxi,what i have to do before go to Taxi Nct test,i mean,i know,that first i should buy or rent meter,roof sign and taxi plate,and when i finish that i can go to the Test?ist true?

2.If its correct,where can i go to do Taxi Nct test,would you give me some addresses in Dublin where i can past the test

For final,i really dont know what exaghtly to do,if somebody know more about what is next after buying a car for taxi to car is ready to work,please write something here!thank you in advance

You'd really need a taximan to answer this for you. There are 2 parts to the test, the NCT and the suitability test.

You also have to get a tax clearance cert from Revenue, what year is this car??? It would want to be in excellent condition inside and out or you will be taking on a major headache...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

have you got your PSV licence yet OP?

if you have then i presume you gave a tax clearance cert in your possession.

you need a car (which you have), you need to buy a taxi plate or rent one and have all the equipment fitted to your car before the test. you ring the NCT centre and book a taxi nct which is a basic nct test then if you pass that they then carry out a suitability test.

you need to have with you on the day, proof of insurance as a taxi, your psv licence and you tax clearance.

Advertisement