Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest in Franciscan Well?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone knew if the Franciscan Well (or Bierhaus for that matter) is doing anything for Oktoberfest 2008, seeing as it's going on at the moment.
    I just moved to Cork this summer, but I heard that Franciscan Well used to have some sort of annual Oktoberfest celebration...?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

holy moly count me in on that one!
    let me know if you find anything out about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

They do, over the october bank holiday weekend. Which falls at the other end of the month for the irish, so the german's will be well done by then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd forgotten about Oktoberfest - usually a really good weekend in the pub :D
    Have to get there early though

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bill_lumbergh

Thanks!

Surprised that they don't coincide it with the real Oktoberfest, but at least I haven't missed it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'll be there. They need to get Delirium Tremens back, found some in Amsterdam this summer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kold wrote: »
    I'll be there. They need to get Delirium Tremens back, found some in Amsterdam this summer :D

i think the abbott's ale house has it throughout the year anyway.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i think the abbott's ale house has it throughout the year anyway.

Is it trés expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Maybe my memory is fuzzy (a common feature of the 'fest :)) but didn't they bring back DT for the Beer Fest in April?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I think they did.

The bierhaus had it on tap for a while, might do bottles of it still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Maybe my memory is fuzzy (a common feature of the 'fest :)) but didn't they bring back DT for the Beer Fest in April?

fuzzy memory after a beerfest? how very odd...

anyways, i think they had it at the april fest but the octoberfest was still gulden drack and kwack. I...think. I am quite the fan of beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Found some at a huge beer festival in Berlin back in August, none of the people I was with, nor the guy who sold it to me could even begin to understand how happy it made me, it being the last bottle too! :D

mawk wrote: »
    fuzzy memory after a beerfest? how very odd...

anyways, i think they had it at the april fest but the octoberfest was still gulden drack and kwack. I...think. I am quite the fan of beer.

....and I had just managed to repress the memory of that shìte.

After a few pints I got lost in the crowd and stumbled over to the alley where they keep their wheelie bins, where I pretty much passed out until a friend found me.

Can't wait for this year :)

Good date for a beers maybe?

Bumped.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Isnt this over already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

nope

Good date for a beers maybe?

+1

Is this the weekend before Halloween or is Halloween falling on the friday of the bank holiday weekend?

Halloween + Beer Fest = :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Its on the weekend beginning 24th. Well thats when the Bierhaus one is which is also Jazz weekend so by association I would say the Franciscan will have theirs then too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Eum but the Real one in Germany is over ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah the real ones over but the countdown for the next one has already begun :D

http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Any definate date for it?

I drove past some posters around town, but didn't see which weekend it's on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bierhaus is definately the weekend around the 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ClareLurk

http://thebierhauscork.com/

thats got all the details of what's on in the bierhaus, still not sure whats on in the franciscan well.

Anyone making a beers of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

"You Fuked Lumberg!?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

extreme bumpage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Anyone making a beers of it?

I think some of the usual suspects are heading to the Franciscan after barcamp. We could crash their party or if we get there early they could crash ours.....

I'd be up for a few beers on Saturday but it looks like I'll be doing the traditional Cork thing of avoiding the city on the Jazz weekend.

Advertisement