Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

health insurance

Options
  • 23-09-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any companies that will insure horses for vet bills? I'm registering with BHS to cover public liability but they don't help out with any vet bills AFAIK. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Depending on what sort of veterinary bills you are referring to i can't imagine too many insurance companies will cover any ordinary run of the mill vet bills. My insurance company will only cover vets bills for example,in the event of emergency surgery being required to the horses that is deemed pretty much life saving and thereafter the quality of life sustained by the horse returns to as normal as possible. I'm sure that many insurance companies also operate under the same policies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Try pet plan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'm afraid I don't know of any companies which will pay for veterinary bills for horses. In most cases the owner will have taken out an insurance policy on the horse, which covers life saving surgery, etc. for the horse, though I'm not sure that includes run-of-the-mill bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tabletwotop

i know Allianz are launching new horse and rider insurance which is to include general vet fees but dont know exactly when think mayb november?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Thanks, I was thinking like bills that could run into thousands not just vaccinations etc. Will look into allianz and pet plan (although think they only cover dogs and cats?) anyway, thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Tabletwotop

ya allianz had a stand at millstreet horse show and they were saying they are going to be covering vet fees for injury and illness along with loads more other types of covers to include loss of use , trailer, liability etc etc

Advertisement