Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today is the day...

2»

Comments

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Also the Northbound section of the M8 Cashel bypass still has a parking area. :eek:

The layby's have been retained on the "old" N6 as well. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

E92 wrote: »
    Drove up it the said road the other day. No reason why it shouldn't get 120.

It is far more capable of 120 than oh I dunno...the south ring for instance. The SRR definately is not able for 120, though I feel it could cope with 110 no problem.

In fairness if there were flyovers the whole way I'd see nothing wrong with there being a limit of 120 from the Ballincollig bypass all the way to the Kinsale flyover. Between there and Mahon Point is not really capable of 120, and much and all as I'm for higher speed limits in some places, having a limit of 120 between Mahon Point and the tunnell is just a waste of time because the distance is so short.

As for the argument about oh there are places on it that aren't safe for 120, well that's why it's called a speed limit, i.e. you can only go up to that particular speed.

If travelling at the speed limit seems too fast, that's what cars have got brakes for and you go slower.

Was on the ballincollig bypass there today for the 1st time in a while and, :eek::eek:, the signs say "120kph":D:D. Bout f**kin time if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

'Tis fantastic, should have happend years ago but better late than never. It was my least favourite road to drive because you could only do 100 on a road capable of so much more. Even at 120 it's still a bit slow, but nevertheless a massive improvement on only 100. And to think that some politicians were talking about reducing speed limits on Motorways down to only 100 km/h:(?

Did they change the N25 from Dunkettle to Carrigtwohill to 120 km/h as well, because Cork Co Co applied to upgrade the N25 to 120 as well, not to mention the N8 Watergrasshill to the Fermoy bypass(though if this gets re-classified then it will get 120 by default)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

E92 wrote: »
    Did they change the N25 from Dunkettle to Carrigtwohill to 120 km/h as well, because Cork Co Co applied to upgrade the N25 to 120 as well, not to mention the N8 Watergrasshill to the Fermoy bypass(though if this gets re-classified then it will get 120 by default)?

I think they left the N25 Dunkettle - Carrigtwohill stretch alone. They probably won't even consider upping the limit or granting it motorway-status until the SRRs are done.

As for the N8 stretch, if it gets redesignated, it's safe to assume the 120 km/h limit will be imposed by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

The wife just came home and said the N25 from Dunkettle to Midleton is now 120km/h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

She must mean Dunkettle to Carrigtwohill? The stretch from Carrigtwohill to Midleton is nowhere near motorway quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Dunkettle to the overpass at barryscourt castle I imagine.

I can't see the point to be honest - it's only a few km, though I am looking forward to hitting the subsided bit just after Cobh Cross at 120.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

yeah just asked her again and she said the speed sign on the slip road from Cobh to the Carrigtwohill stretch was 120 , beyond Carrigtwohill the road is fairly bad

Advertisement