Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal not collecting bins in Clonee

Options
  • 24-09-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Fingal co. co. haven't collected the bins in Clonee for 3 weeks! There was no black bin collection today. I am beginning think that they have changed their minds - and now think it is too much hassel to come out and take the thrash for the handful that didn't abscond to Panda.

It is a bit of a health and safety issue. There are lots of children in our estate and when we got home this evening the estate was a mess with bins pulled apart all over the place.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did you ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes, I rang and left a message. I also emailed them. These has been no response and no explanation as to why they have stopped collecting the refuse in our estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

fingal collect in clonee on tuesday,but only bins with the annual charge sticker attached.also last week it was brown bin only day.ours were collected as normal but i rang and was told there was no problem with the collection ,unless your charge hadnt been paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I thought Clonee was in Meath (or does it straddle the border?)

greatgoal wrote: »
    fingal collect in clonee on tuesday,but only bins with the annual charge sticker attached.also last week it was brown bin only day.

We have a sticker attached and a tag and so did our neighbour - ours wasn't collected. I pay my taxes, paid the bin charge, paid the tag! What else do they want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I thought it was all in Meath too. Wikipedia has the answer

was it possible the road was blocked by cars,trucks ,builders that would stop the trucks access to your road,as that happened with us before and we got a callback the next day after ringing them ,with an apology may i add.

I haven't seen the road blocked before - but of course, there is always the possibility. Its just a pain becuase we have 2 dogs so we'll have to store the black bags at the front of the house which isn't very nice.
    The dogs will tear them apart in the back garden.

To answer questions about whether Clonee is in Dublin or Meath. I believe it was once in Meath but some of the people buying houses in the new estates fought to have it rebranded as Dublin 15. I may be wrong, but I vaguely remember someone saying that the old Clonee village is still Meath.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Most of Clonee is in Meath but the county border runs through it so some of the houses are in Dublin addresses.

I remember it confusing me alot that houses were being advertised as Clonee Co Dublin!

bubby wrote: »
    I haven't seen the road blocked before - but of course, there is always the possibility. Its just a pain becuase we have 2 dogs so we'll have to store the black bags at the front of the house which isn't very nice.
    The dogs will tear them apart in the back garden.

To answer questions about whether Clonee is in Dublin or Meath. I believe it was once in Meath but some of the people buying houses in the new estates fought to have it rebranded as Dublin 15. I may be wrong, but I vaguely remember someone saying that the old Clonee village is still Meath.
    i know,its a pain in the ass,ring them and explain your situation,they were very helpful when it happened us,and as i said before,they were picked up the next day.

• Advertisement

Rang them yesterday and 2 individuals said they would resolve it. Haven't had any concrete response since yesterday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

you might be better of posting this in the D.15 as clonsilla borders clonee and the regs in that forumn might have a better idea of what going on

Advertisement