Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On my way home soon - Yippeee

Options
  • 24-09-2008 7:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Due to various reasons, I haven't been home to Sligo in 3 years (helluva long time - I miss the place so much) but I finally booked my flight home for a week in November, what's been going on there lately, I know I'm probalby not going to recognise the place (Glasshouse Hotel, Johnston's Court, Quayside etc...)

What else has changed, there (just trying to soften the shock I'll get when I arrive ;))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Inner relief road
    Clarion Hotel (old st. columbus hospital)
    Um ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

New Argos extra store, Marks and Spencers, huge Asda in Finisklin complete with cheap petrol station.
    Tesco superstore in Carraroe.
    Large Heatons.....on no I just woke up:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Lots of new shops - we're quite cosmopolitan now! ;) O'Connell street is pedestrianised, Hargadans and Shenanigans have been scrubbed up and petrol costs about 400euro a litre more than when you left. Oh, and several exciting and stylish new persons have moved here such as, me.

(almost) welcome back! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

Looks like I'm in for a shock when I get home :)

Oh well who cares, Hargadon's is open, thet's (almost) all that matters, looking forward to a nice cold pint of Smithwicks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Smithwicks? That isn't made any more:rolleyes:
    The place is completely different. I don't spend much time around the town center, but when I do (once every 2-3 weeks), I keep seeing shops shut or opened. When I think back, it has changed completely from even 3 years ago. There's also more minks wearing tracksuits than you could shake a stick at.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

il gatto wrote: »
    Smithwicks? That isn't made any more:rolleyes:

Stop scaring me ;)

I won't be spending too much time in town centre, though, (so I should hopefully be spared the sight of too many minks), but even the small wee village of Grange where I come from seems to be changing rapidly, ah well, at least my family are still more or less the same (+ a few new arrivals over the last 3 years :))

Advertisement