Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should be planted this time of year ?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

I am in the process of re overhauling and making new flower beds in the garden. My biggest failing has to be forgetting to plant now for spring time.
    So what should I be looking to plant this time of year for next spring ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Bluebells, snowdrops, daffodils... Crocuses, possibly? Of your local garden centres, at least one or two should have a big special on at the moment on spring bulbs, so it's worth shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just as MAJD said above. I'm going to try 'Crocus sativus' to see if I can get my own saffron going.
    It's also well worth thinking about putting a green manure/organic material/horse manure on your beds and letting the winter work your soil for you by breaking everything down so that planting in Spring will be a pleasure rather then a toil.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement