Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

flickering eyelid - anything to worry about?

• 24-09-2008 9:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

i have noticed that my right eyelid has started flickering on a regular basis over the past few weeks. this has also occurred with my wife but as frequently as me. I have never had any problems with eyesight over the years. Is this common? Should I seek advice?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Deadeyes

By flickering do you mean significantly moving or just a kind of pulsing that's noticable and annoying but not really affecting your vision? If it's the later then it sounds like something that happens to me every so often. It just seems to come and go maybe lasting a couple of days or a couple of weeks.
    If it concerns you go to an optiction/doctor, for peace of mind it might be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

yes its the latter - a pulsing sensation which is annoying, but not affecting my vision...
    Deadeyes wrote: »
    By flickering do you mean significantly moving or just a kind of pulsing that's noticable and annoying but not really affecting your vision? If it's the later then it sounds like something that happens to me every so often. It just seems to come and go maybe lasting a couple of days or a couple of weeks.
    If it concerns you go to an optiction/doctor, for peace of mind it might be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sham08

This happens to me the odd time aswell, hasn't in a while though. I don't think it is anything to worry about, just a tad annoying:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Happens to me too, I have never been worried about it to tell you the truth and I don't think you should be either. It is quite annoying though, as it just comes and goes. It happens to my thumb too. It's just a nerve that spasims. :) That is what I think it is anyway. Not sure what causes it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I asked my optician this before and he said in most cases it is just tiredness, or strain from looking at a computer screen for several hours without enough breaks.
    He did say that if it continues when you are well rested, or if it is a regular thing over a longer period to get it checked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

many thanks for the replies folks

Advertisement