Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location, location, location

Options
  • 24-09-2008 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

I am buying a house at present and I have a choice between three locations: Conquer Hill in Clontarf, Drumcondra and Marino.

Obviously there are a lot of factors to consider when buying a house but just in terms of location which of these 3 is best? I am looking for quality of life, safety for my children, decent neighbours etc

Any comments would be appreciated...

Jack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Whereabouts in Drumcondra?
    That is an area of "Drumcondra" that is actually Ballybough. It's really streching it but people do try this.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055370842

there was a very similar thread recently. there is some advice in the attached link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BogWog

Clontarfs a nice spot. Drumcondras closer to town but theres a dart station in Clontarf I think. Much safer than Drumcondra and Marino too. Dublins not really dangerous unless you wander around at night alot though. Then again where isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

All fantastic locations. I would go for Clontarf for its proximity to the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

I lived in Brian Boru Avenue, Clontarf which is beside Conquer Hill until May this year and everything that you need is close by including Dart station, regular buses, St. Anne's Park, sea, supermarkets, shops, schools, restaurants, pubs, GAA clubs etc. It's a quiet area with very friendly neighbours

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Clontarf would be my choice too - for St. Anne's park, public transport and the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

BogWog wrote: »
    but theres a dart station in Clontarf I think.

Fairview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I'd go with Drumcondra, it's closer to town and a nice area.

Advertisement