Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3/Q4

Options
  • 24-09-2008 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

October 10
    Lego Batman
    Fracture

October 17
    Saint’s Row 2

October 24

Dead Space
    Fable II
    Far Cry 2
    Little Big Planet
    Red Alert 3

October 31
    Fallout 3
    Quantum of Solace

November 7

Gears of War 2
    Guitar Hero World Tour

November 13
    World of Warcraft - The Wrath of the Lich King

November 14

Call of Duty: World at War
    Mirror’s Edge

November 21
    GTA IV PC
    Left4Dead
    Resistance 2
    Tomb Raider Underworld

November 28
    Nothing!

December 5

Prince of Persia

So starting on October 24, there’s a game I would seriously consider buying coming out every week (with the exception of November 13th and 28th) until December 5. Mental.
    Only one I’m 100% full sure I’ll get is far cry 2, which will be awesome. although, ive a massive interst in the all the green onesI’m paranoid Mirror’s and Prince won’t turn out as good as expected; Never really got into gears, Tomb Raider isn’t the kind of game you have to get on release; I know nothing of Left4Dead, I’ve never even seen a video; Call of Duty and Quantum are by Treyarch, who don’t have a great track record; Fallout 3 doesn’t really interest me (but if it gets scores unreal, I’ll probably still pick it up);

Still though, probably the most high-profile games ever released in Q4. Going to be an expensive one, this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

October 24th is a ridiculous day. I want to get all 5 of them. Why couldnt they not split up and go the week before with Saints Row 2 :mad:

October 10
    Lego Batman
    Fracture

October 17
    Saint’s Row 2

October 24

Dead Space
    Fable II
    Far Cry 2
    Little Big Planet
    Red Alert 3

October 31
    Fallout 3
    Quantum of Solace

November 7

Gears of War 2
    Guitar Hero World Tour

November 13
    World of Warcraft - The Wrath of the Lich King

November 14

Call of Duty: World at War
    Mirror’s Edge

November 21
    GTA IV PC
    Left4Dead
    Resistance 2
    Tomb Raider Underworld

November 28
    Nothing!

December 5

Prince of Persia

They would be my "If I had to pick games" in Bold with Fifa thrown in on October 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

far cry 2 gonna be unreal. the first is still my fav game EVAR, and i hav e high expectation for this one. did ye see the part where you can shoot a guy in the leg, his freind comes over and carries him off....pop him off too!

and ammo boxes cooking off!...and homemade bombs....and wind directed fire...and *wipes drool away*...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Lego Batman is the only game on that list i give a damn about.

far cry 2 gonna be unreal. the first is still my fav game EVAR, and i hav e high expectation for this one. did ye see the part where you can shoot a guy in the leg, his freind comes over and carries him off....pop him off too!

and ammo boxes cooking off!...and homemade bombs....and wind directed fire...and *wipes drool away*...

I enjoyed Far Cry aswell but my main gripe was that it got very repetitive quickly. Alot of the same missions recycled over and over. I hope the same doesnt happen here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Far Cry 2

It looks like 'Crysis In Africa' :D

Gears Of War 2 is going to be the most played game for this Christmas, In terms of retail Christmas starts in September! (In my shop anyways)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Far Cry 2

Doesn't have any aliens in it though, so that's a huge selling point for me!
    Looks like the devs actually have a clue where Crytek went wrong with Far Cry, and are making a stronger game for it rather than making the same mistakes all over again...

Golden Axe: Beast Rider is out on the 17th as well, looks like it could be alright...
    Legendary is another one I'm keeping my eye on, looks promising so far!

http://www.eurogamer.net/releases.php?platform= - loads more that aren't even on the OP's list

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    I enjoyed Far Cry aswell but my main gripe was that it got very repetitive quickly. Alot of the same missions recycled over and over. I hope the same doesnt happen here.

I do agree with you on that point to a certain extent. But I do have to say I loved how far cry pulled that off. I thought it was great gameplay and great storyline, and it didnt bother me in the slightest that it remained consistent throughout. they started off good, why change that i say?

Ill just say, i really liked it
    Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Far Cry 2

Gears Of War 2 is going to be the most played game for this Christmas, In terms of retail Christmas starts in September! (In my shop anyways)

cryisis in africa! WIN!

and absolutly gears will walk off the shelves just like halo. its a 360 only game and both gears and halo are the xbox360 flagships. walk off the shelves they will!

tman wrote: »
    Doesn't have any aliens in it though, so that's a huge selling point for me!

agreed! although, you never know!

I jsut hope they pull it off nicely on the 360, im without the PC for a while at the moment so itl be 360 version for me....

tman wrote: »
    Golden Axe: Beast Rider is out on the 17th as well, looks like it could be alright...
    Legendary is another one I'm keeping my eye on, looks promising so far!

Them games look so damn generic and boring IMO. Legendary was dev'd by Spark Unlimited whos last game Turning Point has abysmal scores on metacritic. One of the lowest on the 360 anyways.

Golden Axe: Beast Rider looks the same. Ive been reading negative previews about it from a few sites. Also what kind of a Golden Axe game doesnt have Co-Op play in it.

Then again they both could be good but Id be wary.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Colonization II is out Friday. Buh-bye weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Someone should give me a lend of a grand or something to get all those lovely games....

i'll pay you back, i swear! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Them games look so damn generic and boring IMO. Legendary was dev'd by Spark Unlimited whos last game Turning Point has abysmal scores on metacritic. One of the lowest on the 360 anyways.

Golden Axe: Beast Rider looks the same. Ive been reading negative previews about it from a few sites. Also what kind of a Golden Axe game doesnt have Co-Op play in it.

Then again they both could be good but Id be wary.
    Now you see where basing your opinion purely on video footage will get you:o
    I'll still be keeping an eye on them, just a lot less enthusiastically now...

The reason both of them stood out to me, is that they both seem to be nice and straightforward games, something that you could most likely finish in a weekend easily enough.
    Compared to something like Fallout 3, that's exactly what I need at the moment...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah there does seem like a helluva lot of games on the way: GoW2, Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 are all ones Im looking foward to, and after finishing Sands of Time I'm dying for some 'proper' Prince of Persia. Only problem is I don't expect to have much time to play all of them. I can imagine GoW2 and PoP being pick up and play, but Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Far Cry 2 look like they need commitment!

But top of the list at the moment is Mirrors Edge. I was sceptical at first, but the fact that it looks to be doing something very different has made me more optimistic. Hopefully it will live up to some of the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Everything will have to get in line behind Far Cry 2 for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Screw all those pretty next gen games. I want megaman 9 tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Left 4 Dead. That is all.

Everything will have to get in line behind Far Cry 2 for me.

me too really.... thats where my money is going first

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

then again the makers of the fairly nothing Too Human made one all time classic in Eternal Darkness - not everyone gets every game right - judge each game on it's own merits and in fairness legendary has a lot of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mayordenis wrote: »
    then again the makers of the fairly nothing Too Human made one all time classic in Eternal Darkness - not everyone gets every game right - judge each game on it's own merits and in fairness legendary has a lot of potential.

Another example being Haze vs. Timesplitters.

As for me, I will be getting Far Cry 2, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, PES2009 (depending on reviews), Guitar Hero: World Tour and possibly Mirror's Edge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

sure we could go on all day.
    I'll say this much I've just managed to clear my credit card this morning. . .

IMO Call of Duty Finest Hour was boring as heck aswell so thats two of their games that I havnt enjoyed. What potential to you think legendary has? Fair enough the premise sounds good but its gameplay that matters. From the gameplay footage ive seen it plays exactly like Turning Point. Horrific AI was the problem last time so I wonder if they addressed them issues this time. I cant see were the 'a lot of potential' comes from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Tomb Raider Underworld FTW!

sure we could go on all day.
    I'll say this much I've just managed to clear my credit card this morning. . .

sure this is what a credit card is for! :D

Advertisement