Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Templemore Education

• 24-09-2008 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

I hope this isn't considered advertising, as I am just looking for advice. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to get familiar with the Irish legal system prior to starting in Templemore? I'm in between minds but I found an evening course in UCD on an introduction to the Irish Legal System...

http://www.ucd.ie/adulted/courses/bn106.htm

(PSNI I will remove the link if requested)

A waste of time or a good idea for a wannabe guard? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

sounds good id love to if i was in dublin not a bad price either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

OP don't bother. You will not be asked any questions on specifc laws at the interview and you will get full training on relevant laws in the college. When I say relevant laws I mean laws that are relevant to Gardai whereas if you do an evening course you will be taught law that does not have any relevance to our job. If you did do it it wouldn't do you any harm at all but imo it would be waste of your time and money.

Advertisement