Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Touch Diamond not connecting to 3G

• 24-09-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Just got myself a HTC touch diamond and still playing around with it...sooo many features.

however I can't seem to get it to connect automatically to 3G. I'm with 3 and have 3G coverage but it doesn't seem to connect automatically. WIFI works no problem.

Did some searching on the net but can't find a solution.
    Can anyone here help?

Thanks
    Willy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Just got myself a HTC touch diamond and still playing around with it...sooo many features.

however I can't seem to get it to connect automatically to 3G. I'm with 3 and have 3G coverage but it doesn't seem to connect automatically. WIFI works no problem.

Can anyone here help?

Thanks
    Willy

not so familiar with the diamond's UI, but it's wm, hey...
    Go to settings: somewhere you might find an option to switch off 3G... Switch it on, if it's off!
    Also in settings: hit "networks", and try "manual" instead od "automatic" network selection. The phone will then scan for all available networks! See if 3 (3g) comes up at an option! (i live in a dodgy 3g vodafone spot...3g only available occasionally; so the phone detects it switches automatically to 3g and then when I move an inch, it loses the 3g signal and fails to switch back to gsm... so occasionally I have to manually select the right voda network...windows mobile ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Can anyone here help?

Thanks
    Willy

Have Diamond and it works fine with 3G and HSDPA on Vodafone

What network are you on?

Could you have an old non 3G sim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hey, where did you get the HTC? And how much was it?

Heading to NYC next month and was hoping to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

T-K-O wrote: »
    Hey, where did you get the HTC? And how much was it?

Heading to NYC next month and was hoping to pick one up.
    I'm with 3, and the same sim worked with 3G on a nokia E65.

Playing around with it but not getting any joy have selected HSDPA only and under connections I've set up a new one, think I just need the username password and domain from 3?

TKO bought the phone from UK over ebay. Good bit cheaper than shops but there's always the ebay risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I'm with 3, and the same sim worked with 3G on a nokia E65.

Playing around with it but not getting any joy have selected HSDPA only and under connections I've set up a new one, think I just need the username password and domain from 3?

TKO bought the phone from UK over ebay. Good bit cheaper than shops but there's always the ebay risk.

Yeah I hear ya about ebay. But I'll be in NYC in November so I'll pick one up there.

• Advertisement

Nope still none the wiser, rang 3 and the "don't support it" only advice she could give me is to stick in 3Ireland as the access point name, tried that and it didn't work. doh! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 indykid

I bought a HTC Touch Diamond recently and have had severe problems setting it up. I followed the advice of mkennedy on another post. I can now surf the web but i can't check e-mail or check the weather using the touch flo interface. Has anybody got everyting working on this phone? Please help, I wasted a whole day yesterday trying to get if fixed.

what I did was go to settings, connections tab, then tap connections. Then add a new connection or manage one.
    I added in 3ireland.ie as the access point name (as I'm obviously with 3, check with your operator if different). I added in the username as 3ireland.ie too.
    (password and domain I left blank)

That worked fine for me.

Advertisement