Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road rage

Options
  • 24-09-2008 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

So was leaving my exit on a roundabout when a guy in a jeep pulls out in front of me. Now I never hardly beep but I did this time as the guy just flew out with out looking and if I was going any faster I would hit him. Next thing I know his mouthing off at me:rolleyes: I couldn’t hear him but he def wasn’t saying sorry. Really Pi**ed me off. I wish i didn’t brake now and just hit him. Ignorant people like this shouldn’t be on the roads. If I make a mistake I don’t go mouthing off at the other car because im in the wrong! So anyway this guy lives just up the road thing is I think its a company car. I heard Halloween is coming up and the price off eggs is cheap. Just a thought;)

Rant over now to go buy some eggs iv a fry to cook:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

You weren't hurt, you don't have a damaged car and the jeep driver will always be an a$$hole, so forget about it. Life's too short, and the roads are full of gobsh!tes in a hurry to get there 20 seconds earlier. No point in joining them with their stress levels and high blood pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I find not beeping and just giving the disappointed headshake has better effect.

Beep a woman and you're likely to get the finger, give the disappointed headshake (if they can see you of course) and they usually go red and wave sorry. Just an observation I made.

With a guy no matter what you do he's either gonna get out of his car and try and kick your ass or ignore you.

I was driving a Kangoo van that was loaded to the top, I was first in the q at the lights, when I tried to take off it conked cos of the weight and I didn't ride the clutch enough. By the time I started the van again I missed the lights. Next thing the driver of the white transit(Cormie?:p) behind me was banging on my window, I rolled down and he swung for me and missed, I jumped out and was towering over him. One look at the size of me and he bricked it, I told him if he swung again it'd be the last thing he'd ever do and off he scuttled back to his van.

Point is would he have hit a woman? or a small guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Not to sound like a critic OP, but what were your indicators doing at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Onkle wrote: »
    I find not beeping and just giving the disappointed headshake has better effect.

Beep a woman and you're likely to get the finger, give the disappointed headshake (if they can see you of course) and they usually go red and wave sorry. Just an observation I made.

Ha ya must try that.

cjt156 wrote: »
    Not to sound like a critic OP, but what were your indicators doing at the time?

No I always use my indicators. He couldn’t see me coming I think his line of sight was blocked I think by the queue of cars going straight ahead. But him been in a jeep he should have been able to see over the cars If he couldn’t he shouldn’t of been pulling out with out been able to see.

I drew a map not a good one now mind you:D

Me: red line

Jeep driver: Blue

And cars going straight ahead green

roundaabout.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

This happens to me a lot and the occurences of it seem to be increasing. Rather than getting angry just try and anticipate if the person behind you is going to try and cut you off. If they're driving close behind you and then move into the right lane or if there's a line of traffic behind you and a car suddenly zooms up on the right with no indicators then you can be pretty much guaranteed that they're going to try and overtake you on the roundabout and go straight.

When this happens I just keep as far left as possible and take off a bit slower than normal and let them get in front. It's a lot safer than trying to shoot out in front of them or trying to stop them getting by. There's no point getting annoyed, they won't change their habits.

A couple of weeks ago a guy was tailgating me approaching a roundabout. At the last second he swerved out and tried to get past me but I was already on the roundabout at this point and didn't have time to give him room (it happened in a split second). Anyway, he blew the horn at me, flashed his lights and started tailgating again. What he didn't realise (and neither did I) was there was an unmarked Garda car coming on to the roundabout from another direction and the pulled him over straight away. It makes it worth while putting up with all the other idiots.

Edit: Apologies, I completely misread your post. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Vain wrote: »
    No I always use my indicators. He couldn’t see me coming I think his line of sight was blocked

Quite evidently the chap's a tw@t. Whatever his issue is, its probably got little to do with you. Deep breath & back into the madness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Onkle wrote: »
    Next thing the driver of the white transit(Cormie?:p) behind me was banging on my window, I rolled down and he swung for me and missed

Holy sh1t! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

Twice I have had very ignorant drivers stop their cars in front of me and got out after I have beeped at them for dangerous driving - VERY intimidating - I now lock my doors while driving. I've learnt my lesson though - life is too short and there will always be another idiot driver around the corner who thinks he's better than God!

General Advice: Lock doors, dont open windows more than a crack and prefereably not at all. Note the reg number or take a photo with your camera phone!

Was telling someone i know and they know him. His ment to be mad:rolleyes: i kinda knew that from his driving anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

best driving advice I ever got was from me Ma.

she simply told me to always assume everyone else on the road is going to drive like an idiot and likely to do idiotic things and you'll be grand. :)

oh, and not all jeep drivers are tw@ts. some of us are very aware of our (generally) bad reputation and are doing our best to change it. (aside from that time I reversed out of my drive and into my neighbours merc. :))

Advertisement