Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Man Utd V Bolton [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

pvt.joker wrote: »
    It wasnt a dive you clown. Have you heard ANY of the commentatords saying anything about a dive?

Easy to call someone a clown from the saftey of your keyboard isnt it :o. P.M. me and we can sort this out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

**** this. I've flicked over to college football in the states for the evening. At least video review and the ability to change lolercopter referring decisions make the game fair.

Bolton are getting ****ed today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

nice dive by ronaldo! shocking penalty decision
    after having a closer look i think its a correct decision. The defender made contact with the top of ronaldos foot before the ball.
    :rolleyes:

He did slightly go through him, but it was still a bit harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PHB wrote: »
    And Uniteds last game as well, shocking reffing. It's just a poor standard.

pool's last prem game against Stoke to boot! it really is a joke. Seems more often then not at the moment ref's just lose the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Easy to call someone a clown from the saftey of your keyboard isnt it :o. P.M. me and we can sort this out
    Cut the crap, and stop starting rows the pair of ye.

Absolute childishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The refs style is too rob teams:pac:*

im not actually proud of that

Finally Wayne and Scholes.

Berba should have gone tho not tev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    pool's last prem game against Stoke to boot! it really is a joke. Seems more often then not at the moment ref's just lose the plot.

Torres was offside.. I am stills stunned that people are still going on about this! We weren't robbed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

prv.joker and gixerfixer get over it or you'll both be banned.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It wasnt a dive you clown. Have you heard ANY of the commentatords saying anything about a dive?

It was as much a dive as it was a penalty, in other words not either of them. You could understand if the ball didn't change course when the defender got a touch, but it was a fine tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

prv.joker and gixerfixer get over it or you'll both be banned.

apologies. warning accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Surprised the Bolton players are taking it so well.

I would have floored the ref by now.

Very very unfair. Man U aren't firing at all and they're just handed the match despite Bolton defending really well for most of it.

Still, that's more likely to happen if you plan on defending for 90 minutes.

Wow. Somebody put in a fair tackle on Ronaldo in the box he goes down and it's not a peno :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, undeserved as it was, United have been better since. Hopefully it can be sealed with a second so we'll have something more positive to take from the game. It's been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Oh cop on will you. For crying out loud. People will look for any excuse.

There's no way it was a penalty, not a chance. But right now, you're seeing things as poorly as Styles just did.

After seeing it again I'll agree that it wasnt a dive.
    I take back my previous post.

Oh that's orgasmic football, orgasmic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

game over

WAYNE YOU ABSOLUTE LEGEND ROONEY IS THE MAN.

Master stroke from fergie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well, undeserved as it was, United have been better since. Hopefully it can be sealed with a second so we'll have something more positive to take from the game. It's been poor.

Done. :D

• Advertisement

Finally he can get some confidence back in to him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

what a goal!!

Also, any comments along the lines of: 'well we scored a second so it didn't matter' are retarded. Once Utd are handed the first it obviously would knock the stuffing out of Bolton and completely change the complexion of the game. The pressure is taken off Utd and they are able to operate with a bit more space against demoralized opponents.

Crucial, crucial decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Oh that's orgasmic football, orgasmic.

No doubt. Personally I think we probably would have won it anyway, but no denying the importance of that decision.

I for one am happy we got the peno if the ref wants to make a fcuk up let him off, we get decisions against us , may aswell take em when we get them to be honest.

• Advertisement

As always, when Rooney is on, United tick. He adds a dynamism nobody else has, even when he's 'not playing well'.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Also, any comments along the lines of: 'well we scored a second so it didn't matter' are retarded. Once Utd are handed the first it obviously would knock the stuffing out of Bolton and completely change the complexion of the game. The pressure is taken off Utd and they are able to operate with a bit more space against demoralized opponents.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Bolton didn't look the same after the decision and United finally looked confident enough to play proper football. No doubting Bolton have been harshly done by.

I've just watched the penalty again and im even more convinced this time it was a blatant Ronaldo dive. Shocking stuff and that combined with a referee only to happy to keep ferguson happy is the reason Bolton have being robbed today.Football is really being ruined by these cheats :mad:

Spot on PHB, Roon is are heart, take him away then we have nowt.

Yeah Bolton have been well and truly robbed. They were bound to win 3-0 with their backs-to-the-wall strategy up until that penalty...

These decisions balance themselves out. United should have got a penalty on the opening day of the season when Milner handled the ball for Newcastle. It didn't happen and I don't recall much of an outcry.

United deserve the win. :)

• Advertisement

Scholes is rolling back the years.

Yeah Bolton have been well and truly robbed. They were bound to win 3-0 with their backs-to-the-wall strategy up until that penalty...

These decisions balance themselves out. United should have got a penalty on the opening day of the season when Milner handled the ball for Newcastle. It didn't happen and I don't recall much of an outcry.

United deserve the win. :)
    Hear Hear, referring in that league needs a strong examination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

aren't a lot of deadlocks broken (or when teams get back into games) by flukes / mistakes / dodgy decisions, though?

Haha great little run by scholesy.

What the **** Berbatov?

aren't a lot of deadlocks broken (or when teams get back into games) by flukes / mistakes / didgy decisions, though?
    Hahaha I thought you said dreadlocks LOL.

As always, when Rooney is on, United tick. He adds a dynamism nobody else has, even when he's 'not playing well'.

As much as the decision has knocked the stuffing out of Bolton, the introduction of Scholes and Rooney really has lifted United.
    gixerfixer wrote: »
    I've just watched the penalty again and im even more convinced this time it was a blatant Ronaldo dive. Shocking stuff and that combined with a referee only to happy to keep ferguson happy is the reason Bolton have being robbed today.Football is really being ruined by these cheats :mad:

Oh give over with your conspiracy theories. It was incompetence of the highest order from the ref, nothing more.

Are you saying some boards members are inconsistent??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

berba was ok today

getting better

just needs a goal

Their backs to the wall strategy had produced the clearest chance of the game to that point. They were defending very well and with each passing minute the percentage probability that they draw or better increased. You should have to earn it - not be given it through incompetence. Bolton had earned parity on the scoreboard up to that point. They will feel disgusted I'm sure - and have every right to be aggrieved.

• Advertisement

Styles is a joke. That was NEVER a penalty. And I'm p1ssed off that was the difference in opening Bolton up.

We were absolute muck today until the goal. Anderson doesnt operate that effectively in a 2 man midfield.

thankfully Rooney got his goal, I'm not praying that he regains a bit of form. Tevez suffered from Rooneyitis this afternoon. Some uncharacteristically poor touches (same with Ronaldo first half) Was anyone else getting frustrated watching Berbatov throwing his arms up in the air and positioning himself in the hole instead of getting right into the box?

Their backs to the wall strategy had produced the clearest chance of the game to that point. They were defending very well and with each passing minute the percentage probability that they draw or better increased. You should have to earn it - not be given it through incompetence. Bolton had earned parity on the scoreboard up to that point. They will feel disgusted I'm sure - and have every right to be aggrieved.

United did earn the result. They had more possession, created more chances and over the nienty minutes - even leaving aside the penalty - were far and away the better side.

To try and pinpoint the penalty decision as the reason Bolton lost is optimistic in the extreme.

Yes the decision went against them but if you look at the game overall I can't see how anyone can say United didn't deserve all three points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

United should have got a penalty on the opening day of the season when Milner handled the ball for Newcastle.

So that makes it OK :rolleyes:

A bad decision that decided the game. At Old Trafford. I've said it before, but if this went on in Italy there'd be outcry and an inquiry.

If the referees get it wrong, surely their assistant is there to help out. This decision suggests two officials are incapable of doing their jobs. Coincidence? Yeah, maybe.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    So that makes it OK :rolleyes:

Er, no. Why take my post out of context? I was commenting that decisions balance themselves out. United were hard done by earlier in the season and Bolton were hard done by today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Well, we have got very lucky today. A non-penalty has saved our bacon but the signs after that goal were encouraging. Rooney when he came one was back to kinda form which shows why he is so highly regarder. That goal was pure class. Berba looked good. Once, his fitness is up to speed and he gets a goal, I expect great things from him. That over his head and then volley cross of his showed the kinda ball control he is famous for. Tevez was as feisty as ever and Ronaldo is showing he doesn't need any time to get back into swing of things. The defense was solid as usual (with a couple of exceptions, we got lucky before half time) and Fletcher is a very good Hargreaves substitute(though Hargo is the real deal). Anderson was ok.

This game seems to show though that rotation of our frontline is going to be very important this season. With the opportunity of bringing on one of Tevez, Berba, Rooney or Ronaldo (usually the first 3 probably) along with Nani, Park, Giggs etc, I feel we are going to getting a lot of late goals as these players maraud a lot of tired legs throughout the season. Overall, we got a piece of luck and pushed on from there and really should have won by 4 or 5 with all those chances at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I thought berbatov played better today than in previous games and seemed to gel with the team alot better but he still has alot to do.

Its unfair to say that the penalty is what cost bolton,Rooney is what makes a united side work even when he is not scoring and when scholes is on form we are capable of tearing a side apart like we did towards the end of the game.

was Nani doing anyone else's head in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Delighted with the win. Joke of a decision from Styles but to say Ronaldo dived is ridiculous.

United did earn the result. They had more possession, created more chances and over the nienty minutes - even leaving aside the penalty - were far and away the better side.

To try and pinpoint the penalty decision as the reason Bolton lost is optimistic in the extreme.

Yes the decision went against them but if you look at the game overall I can't see how anyone can say United didn't deserve all three points.

Or is just a logical conclusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

was Nani doing anyone else's head in?

2nd that

he's such a selfish player

• Advertisement

Well Setanta decided not to count the peno decision. They had Man Utd down with 6 points and 12th in the table.

Maybe the premier league will do the same :P

Advertisement