Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ban Halloween? Too much trouble for what it's worth?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Thaedydal wrote: »

Yes, if for no other reason than providing us with one of the greatest 'holiday' songs ever, Halloween should definitely not be banned. :pac:
    Glowing wrote: »
    Just after reading about the disgusting incident with the poor swan ... would you be happy to ban halloween?

I personally hate it - fireworks smuggled in from somewhere, keeping people awake and frightening animals, kids putting bangers in letterboxes and terrorising the elderly, bonfires going out of control, and then when the fire engines arrive, stones are thrown at them?! On top of all that, you have injuries, burns, and kids loosing hands and eyes from not being able to handle fireworks correctly.

So, shall we ban halloween?

Now, in fairness, you're just describing a typical night in one of Dublin's less salubrious suburbs! ;):p

Really though, if you're going to ban every holiday or festival that a small amount of people ruin by going over-the-top, then there would no fun events at all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

yes halloween is my fav time of the year - great childhood memories of building bon fires, guarding it from the kids down the road so they wouldn'd grab our stuff for their own and all the parents would sort out the illegal fireworks for us and launch them as we were too young at the time.

If you want to ban halloween to stop idiots doing stupid things best go back to sourse and just get rid of the idiots - if it's not halloween they'll be finding other excuses to cause trouble. let me see...Grad nights, birthdays, St. Patrick's day, Stags etc.

oh and while in mid rand! Christmas is sucking the life out of halloween! that said i do whistle christmas tunes to piss every one off in August - it makes me happy

Advertisement