Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave McSavage beaten up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Well 'funny' is a matter of opinion. Thought there were good characters and great satire in that clip. If you could park your hatred of McS for a second you'd probably find it funny as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Thought there were good characters and great satire in that clip.

It's just a more vulgar Killinaskully. Not original and not very funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Spore wrote: »
    Well 'funny' is a matter of opinion. Thought there were good characters and great satire in that clip. If you could park your hatred of McS for a second you'd probably find it funny as well.

"Funny" in this case is not a matter of opinion..its a matter of intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Ive felt like giving McSavage a slap on occasion, and not because his humour is offensive, just because its plain irritating and repetitive! He makes the same jokes ALL the time *sigh*
    Itd be ok if they were funny, but theyre really not.

That said ive managed to restrain myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Dave McSavage is an unfunny arsehole.

• Advertisement

Is the hatchet-faced prick still plying his sorry trade?
    havnt seen him in ages...

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Anyone care to enlighten me on why this guy gets such abuse? Granted he's as funny as a kick in the balls but I don't understand all the hate.. Does he have a boards account?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

He stands around slagging people and he's heralded as a comedic genius. He gets work in RTE because he's related to somebody and he's a rude arrogant prick. He deserves all the hate just for being a horrible person, and I'm surprised this is the first time he's gotten a slap.

Slagging someone != talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sheeps wrote: »
    Dave McSavage is an unfunny arsehole.

what he said

Kazooie wrote: »
    Does he have a boards account?

He has about ten boards accounts.."sheepskin" was one,"honeytrap" was another..i cant remember anymore but there were several.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

When I was a young scumbag my mates and I once lobbed a bag of maggots that we got from a fishing shop at him while he was doing his show in temple bar. The bag smashed open on impact with his guitar and then birds came down and started eating the maggots all over the ground in front of him and he had to stop the show.

I used to feel bad about it, but the more of a cunt I realised he is, the better I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think one of your friends posted earlier in the thread Sheeps

phasers wrote: »
    I think one of your friends posted earlier in the thread Sheeps

If i'd been there I'd want some of the glory!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

McSavage is an embarrassment not only to the comedic fraternity but to Irish people in general. To think tourists stop to see this gunt perform, anticipating some witty banter only to hear the foul mouthed tw@t rudely slag off every easy target in sight. Oh what genius humour! I wish he'd take a vow of silence and fcuk right off for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I have no idea who he is.
    By what I have read so far that is obviously a good thing.

Is he really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The reason why this chap is NOT funny!!!!!

That_Guy wrote: »

The reason why this chap is NOT funny!!!!!

Blue mouldy for want of hiding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Degsy wrote: »
    He has about ten boards accounts.."sheepskin" was one,"honeytrap" was another..i cant remember anymore but there were several.

Nah, 'Sheepskin' wasn't Dave ..
    Sheepskin wrote: »
    I was walking through Temple Bar around the end of Dec and there he was doing his "Irish Accent is like the Korean Accent" bit.

Then he started doing a "**** Face" unintentional as it was Im sure, to accentuate the Korean guise on his face.

Predictions for New Year 2008: Dave Mcsavage commits suicide by self anal rape.

In the Ha'Penny Inn (Battle Of The Axe, Capitol Comedy etc) I seen him do a load of new stuff - think it was about a year ago and it was excellent. He did 20 minutes and not once did he do any old stuff. I have no idea why he seems to have reverted back to Korean knacker jokes etc

Damn I wish I'd pressed 'Save' on the phone .. that slap was priceless. Anyone specalise in 'Data Recovery' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well i think he's funny and the majority of people in that video think he's funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

this is a real boards.ie thing, nobody i know in real life has any opinions on the guy in question

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

this is a real boards.ie thing, nobody i know in real life has any opinions on the guy in question

Nah, it's real. Check out any of his clips on YouTube. Maybe it started on here but there is a anti MacSavage vibe out there in the real world.

I am in the middle. Some things he does annoy me and some crack me up.

I give him respect for getting up there year in year out as I know it's not easy to be a comedian - takes a lot of guts.

There is only one exception where it doen't take much guts and that is if the person has a gigantic ego, is arrogant and narsacistic. This, I feel, is why Dave gets the abuse he does. People feel he is these things.

If more of his act was a little self deprecating to balance out the attacks then I feel people would warm to him a little.

The other night when that girl was ruining the gig he should have made the show about her and went easy on the insults. There was no escaping her so he should have came down and pulled up a stool and cracked a few jokes - anything would have been funnier than saying ..

"She makes me feel like you all would feel if someone dug up your grandma and skull ****ed her .. "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

He is not funny. His comedy is mindless. The cheapest way to get a laugh is to slag people walking by who are minding their own business. "Hey look at that guy, he looks like a property developer...". Yea dave, great material.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Dragan wrote: »
    Probably on the dole.

Or Daddys expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Johnny Weasel

His ego is only bettered by Gerry Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

He's a fucking knobhead, he's been doing the same shit material for the last ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Wagon wrote: »
    Glad to see he took it too far and got beaten up. I'm well up for a joke but sometimes the last thing you want is some bloke with an annoying voice, glasses and a guitar insulting your wife.
    Whats wrong with glasses? Huh, huh, huh! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

El Siglo wrote: »
    He's a fucking knobhead, he's been doing the same shit material for the last ten years.

He's a comedian. All comedians do the same material for donkey's years.

He's actually very good in comedy clubs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

He makes me chuckle

His ego is only bettered by Gerry Ryan.

Somebody mention Gerry Ryan??

A turd..thats what he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

He's actually very good in comedy clubs, etc.

No, no he isnt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement