Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave McSavage beaten up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I still love the 'Degsy will kill next time' tag on this thread. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

21 pages? Wow.

I actually think he deserves it.

A few years back he was busking at the top of Grafton St., a load of people gathered round etc. He was playing one of his songs on guitar, slagging people etc. and this homeless guy decided to join in with a harmonica. Now, McSavage, who obviously thinks everyone else should have to put up with his noise, didn't take kindly to this (even though the homeless guy was bang on the money music-wise). So McSavage freaks out and tells the guy to stop, but the guy's having a good time and sure it's a public street. Far too quickly McSavage looses the rag and actually physically grabs the guy and drags him off towards Dawson St. and just dumps him in a heap outside where Top Shop currently is. The guy was an old man but it happened so quickly that people were just standing there in shock. McSavage goes back to doing his thing and alot of people are walking away out of disgust, other people go to check on the old man and some people confront McSavage to say you can't do that to people... but McSavage had a mic and an amp and the others didn't ... so he just shouted over them and started saying they fancied him etc.

Minutes later the Stephens Green shopping centre began blaring music out of the front PA and drowned him out. He got all outraged and started giving out that they had ruined his performance... but nobody had sympathy for the guy. Ever since then I can't stand him, before I just didn't rate him as a comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Last time i saw him he made a comment on my friend,saying "Come back in a few years when your fully developed",
    She's a 16year old girl, why would he sink to making comments like that for "laughs",
    Noone laughed at the joke. Quagmire makes that type of joke=Funny. David McSavage makes that type of joke= Unfunny sad pathetic man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

I saw the topic title and was hoping for a video of that Clam getting baked. Dave mcSavage != David Miscavige I'm afraid.

Still a Pair of spanners, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

A couple of years ago I was in Temple Bar and he had a crowd around him. It was a really nice chilled out day, sunny (woo hoo) etc etc so my friend and I stayed around to see what the craic was with him.

In the middle of his (up to this point) RUBBISH performance some foreign students (about ten teenagers) started laughing and talking loudly etc. Because he was boring no doubt. He told them to shut up and one of them wouldn't and started being cheeky back to him etc. What happened next made be ashamed to be Irish :( He walked over to the kid and started screaming and cursing at him to shut up. Their chaperone/teacher started telling him that he shouldn't talk to him like that, was only a kid, was only messing etc. McSavage put his face right up to her face, nose to nose and told her to [EMAIL="F*@k"]F*@k[/EMAIL] off, she tried answering him back and he just kept shouting [EMAIL="F*@K"]F*@K[/EMAIL] OFF, [EMAIL="F*@K"]F*@K[/EMAIL] OFF, [EMAIL="F*@K"]F*@K[/EMAIL] OFF until she eventually just had to leave.

I didn't actually know who he was that day. But ever since them I absolutely abhor the ground he walks on.

Oh yeah and he is the most unfunny comedian in existence. What an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Playing all this week at The International. Why don't we pick a night and get as many of us to go that can. It will be like a Boards.ie night out :D

For the whole gig we just stare at him .. no smiling allowed. Be like a Boards.ie flash mob :pac:

I'm serious .. next Thursday's good for me. He'd be freaked .. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I thought someone had bumped this because he'd gotten another hiding.

Hes certainly due one.

Nico22 wrote: »
    Playing all this week at The International. Why don't we pick a night and get as many of us to go that can. It will be like a Boards.ie night out :D

For the whole gig we just stare at him .. no smiling allowed. Be like a Boards.ie flash mob :pac:

I'm serious .. next Thursday's good for me. He'd be freaked .. :P

We should do this! We should do this!

And whoever else is on (no matter if they are ****) cheer and whoop and clap loudly. And then complete dead silence for McSavage.

Who else is on for going on Thursday?!

amdublin wrote: »
    We should do this! We should do this!

And whoever else is on (no matter if they are ****) cheer and whoop and clap loudly. And then complete dead silence for McSavage.

Who else is on for going on Thursday?!

I'll say just for the record that I defo will do it. That Austrailan guy from I Dare Ya is on before him. He's good anyway and we'll tear the place down for him and tumbleweed central for MacSavage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'd be on for that. A wall of silence greeting McSavage. Give him 2 minutes of that before he starts insulting one or all of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I'll join youse on Thursday!

I'd be on for that. A wall of silence greeting McSavage. Give him 2 minutes of that before he starts insulting one or all of us.

On the day (next Thursday?) or the day before we all change our sigs to:

Flash Mob MacSavage Tonight!

I would love to do a really good one with maybe 75 of us or something as that's about the capacity of the place :)

The only thing is Dublin is small and I have a feeling he'd be ready. Maybe we'd have to do it via PM ? :confused:

flahavaj wrote: »
    I thought someone had bumped this because he'd gotten another hiding.

I bumped it as an English woman gave him a slap in the face .. she pretended she was going along with the show, slapped him and walked off .. biggest cheer of the night. He did smile though .. maybe not back st .. stairs :)

amdublin wrote: »
    And then complete dead silence for McSavage.

One of us could also have all our mobile numbers on their phone and half way through they send us all a group text and as soon as we get it we all walk out! .. or I whip out a ghetto blaster and we all start dancing to 'I Got A Feeling' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

McSavage put his face right up to her face, nose to nose and told her to F*@k off,

Should it not Beak To Nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

he is a tosser,

watched him at the entrance to stephens green s/c doing his one man 'show', wanted to see what the fuss was about... :pac::pac::pac:

Waste of time, about time someone gave him a smack ;)

I've been asked to do a 5 minute slot before him in Galway this December, still haven't decided if I go on stag and slag him for that amount of time or simply ask anyone in the audience how they can justify paying money to see the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

I've been asked to do a 5 minute slot before him in Galway this December, still haven't decided if I go on stag and slag him for that amount of time or simply ask anyone in the audience how they can justify paying money to see the man.

Oh the latter would be nice to see. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Nico22 wrote: »
    I'll say just for the record that I defo will do it. That Austrailan guy from I Dare Ya is on before him. He's good anyway and we'll tear the place down for him and tumbleweed central for MacSavage :D

in that case count me in too mate:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

:O
    Poor guy :(
    Was wearing a plaid coat before, I remember he called me a table cloth :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

I think he's funny! I dont get why people find him so offensive, a slagging never killed anyone!

buckieburd wrote: »
    I think he's funny! I dont get why people find him so offensive, a slagging never killed anyone!

People don't dislike him because he slags people off, we dislike him because he's immensely unfunny. If he could slag people with an ounce of wit or intelligence then all would be forgiven but when you're comedic ability comes down to little more than pointing out passer byers flaws and screaming obscenities at people then you really have to think twice about defining yourself as a comedian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I have never seen him on the street, I've only seem him once doing a gig at a ball I was at in college. It was about 4/5 years ago. Everybody completely ignored him while he was doing his act and he could hardly be heard. Nobody laughed - at anything. It was painfully embarrassing. Afterwards, he looked like a sad broken man, sitting on the stage with his guitar. A few of us felt sorry for him and went up to him afterwards and said good show (it wasnt). He just gave us a watery smile.

I find it hard to match the image of him shouting abuse on the street with the sad man I saw on stage that night. He obviously is a huge dick but also, a very sad, unhappy and pathetic man. I feel sorry for him... and his kids. Imagine them telling their friends what their dad does for a living?

watna wrote: »
    I have never seen him on the street, I've only seem him once doing a gig at a ball I was at in college. It was about 4/5 years ago. Everybody completely ignored him while he was doing his act and he could hardly be heard. Nobody laughed - at anything. It was painfully embarrassing. Afterwards, he looked like a sad broken man, sitting on the stage with his guitar. A few of us felt sorry for him and went up to him afterwards and said good show (it wasnt). He just gave us a watery smile.

I find it hard to match the image of him shouting abuse on the street with the sad man I saw on stage that night. He obviously is a huge dick but also, a very sad, unhappy and pathetic man. I feel sorry for him... and his kids. Imagine them telling their friends what their dad does for a living?

Yes I feel sorry him for sometimes too. He is quite pitiful.

But ultimately he is an obnoxious person. When I saw him on the street shouting FK OFF a that poor lady he was no comedian, he was just a rude, embarrassing vulgar being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

buckieburd wrote: »

Slagging is grand at a comedy gig where you know what you're going to get if you heckle or sit in the first few rows. But random passersby, no not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Same unfunny material, same unfunny asshole.

His humour... if you can call it that is absolutely terrible and cringeworthy at times.

I've been to a few comedy gigs and the comedians have had a bit of banter and tasteful slagging with the audience members. Nothing malicious or anything.

Dave McSavage on the other hand is all about vile comments towards audience members. He's completely racist too and I'm actually embarassed for Ireland as a whole for tourists coming over and being subjected to this cretin.
    This man does not represent the humour in Ireland. He represents the muppetry we have in Ireland and that is all.

Is it any surprise that he got beaten up? I don't condone anyone beating someone else up but he shouldn't really be surprised tbh. Not everyone will stand there and take abuse. It was only a matter of time.

He should really ask Dara O Briain for advice on how to talk to an audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

There was an idiot playing music in a pub near me one time not too many people were interested in his singing so he decided to slag people in the pub. There was one man in the pub with long hair and the musician asked him had he a problem with barbers. The longhaired man was sitting down and stood up after your man said that to him, he was around 6'6" and not very happy looking. The slagging singer took off out the door like a bullet and wasn't seen after that. I heard that he came back a few days after to collect his gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

22 pages, fook that, where's the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

9 pages if you're doing it right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

He was outside Brown Thomas in Cork a year ago, hurling insults at anyone passing by, when he insulted an Asian woman about being Asian. Crowd didn't stay too long after that. Knob.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement