Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave McSavage beaten up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

I remember him out in Temple Bar Square doing his thing a few years ago, when I was working in Temple Bar. I'd watch him cause I would be grabbing a sandwich there. At the time, the pub behind was having work done on the front, and there was scaffolding up.

He was constantly abusing the builders there for a few days in a row. Nothing really funny, but abusive as usual. The lads were obviously getting sick of it and slagging him back was going nowhere - he has a mic after all.

Then one of the lads did one of the best things I've ever seen. They knew that at the end of his stint that he goes around with a hat to collect money - so just before he did that, one of them did. When he saw it, he went mental - shouting out "Don't give money to this man" and when people laughed he was shouting "This is not part of the act - don't give him money."

The lads went in a bought breakfast rolls with his hard earned cash and sat on the scaffold abusing him. I pi$$ed myself laughing, but he didn't.

I think the true test if you are an acerbic comedian like that is if you can just take it and laugh when you're beaten on a prank - and he definitely couldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

22 pages, fook that, where's the link?
    phasers wrote: »
    9 pages if you're doing it right

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

rgunning wrote: »
    I remember him out in Temple Bar Square doing his thing a few years ago, when I was working in Temple Bar. I'd watch him cause I would be grabbing a sandwich there. At the time, the pub behind was having work done on the front, and there was scaffolding up.

He was constantly abusing the builders there for a few days in a row. Nothing really funny, but abusive as usual. The lads were obviously getting sick of it and slagging him back was going nowhere - he has a mic after all.

Then one of the lads did one of the best things I've ever seen. They knew that at the end of his stint that he goes around with a hat to collect money - so just before he did that, one of them did. When he saw it, he went mental - shouting out "Don't give money to this man" and when people laughed he was shouting "This is not part of the act - don't give him money."

The lads went in a bought breakfast rolls with his hard earned cash and sat on the scaffold abusing him. I pi$$ed myself laughing, but he didn't.

I think the true test if you are an acerbic comedian like that is if you can just take it and laugh when you're beaten on a prank - and he definitely couldn't.

Awesome.

Never heard of Mcsavage before now (thank Christ) but after checking out some youtube links the dude is just an unfunny knobend. Hurling abuse at people on the street never mind tourists is just well out of order and if it was just some random scumbag doing it instead of a scumbag who appears on RTE would the posters defending this fool say him getting a slap was unwarranted?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

Slagging is grand at a comedy gig where you know what you're going to get if you heckle or sit in the first few rows. But random passersby, no not on.

If you cant take a bit of a slagging you shouldn't really leave the house! Are we all so sensitive now we cant take someone slagging our jackets/hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i hate dave mcsavage and his ugly dick nose.

• Advertisement

buckieburd wrote: »
    If you cant take a bit of a slagging you shouldn't really leave the house! Are we all so sensitive now we cant take someone slagging our jackets/hair?

Why should normal people going about their business have to endure insults from an egotistical twat whose lack of ability has seen him reduced to performing in the street in order to collect some loose change from his enamored audience made up of Jeremy Kyle fans. I have no problem with a bit of slagging, I do however have a problem with bullying which is exactly what McSavage trades in.

btw, shouting abuse at someone because of the colour of their skin is not slagging it's racism. Something McSavage seems to kind the height of comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

But why should we have to?

Why should normal people going about their business have to endure insults from an egotistical twat whose lack of ability has seen him reduced to performing in the street in order to collect some loose change from his enamored audience made up of Jeremy Kyle fans. I have no problem with a bit of slagging, I do however have a problem with bullying which is exactly what McSavage trades in.

btw, shouting abuse at someone because of the colour of their skin is not slagging it's racism. Something McSavage seems to kind the height of comedy.

I've seen him a few times around Dublin and I've never heard him racially abuse anyone.... If your 'normal' someone remarking on you as you walk past shouldnt really bother you...

And Jeremy Kyle fans? :confused:

I've seen him a few times around Dublin and I've never heard him racially abuse anyone.... If your 'normal' someone remarking on you as you walk past shouldnt really bother you...

There are numerous others who have heard him throwing racist insults at people. I saw him abuse an Asian girl once simply because she was Asian. But why would that bother her, it's just some playful fun.

I also know of one incident where McSavage started insulting a lad who had psoriasis. I suffer from it myself and while I don't mind friends poking fun at it, having some twat insult me about it over his PA system would be upsetting.

If McSavage is as funny and talented as he and his few fans like to make out then why does he have to go out and collect passer byers loose change?
    And Jeremy Kyle fans? :confused:

The same people who appear on and enjoy Jeremy Kyle find McSavage funny.

There are numerous others who have heard him throwing racist insults at people. I saw him abuse an Asian girl once simply because she was Asian. But why would that bother her, it's just some playful fun.

I also know of one incident where McSavage started insulting a lad who had psoriasis. I suffer from it myself and while I don't mind friends poking fun at it, having some twat insult me about it over his PA system would be upsetting.

If McSavage is as funny and talented as he and his few fans like to make out then why does he have to go out and collect passer byers loose change?

The same people who appear on and enjoy Jeremy Kyle find McSavage funny.

What exactly did he say to the Asian Girl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

All McSavage does it make fun of people who did not invite it upon themselves. He is the lowest of the low IMO

What exactly did he say to the Asian Girl?

It was to do with her eyes being odd and he did a really poor Charlie Chanesque impression.

Can anyone name any other Irish comedian whose entire set involves insulting passer byers on the street? Ardal O 'Hanlon, Dylan Moran, etc can all do their material on a stage in front of paying audiences, McSavage unfortunately cannot.

It was to do with her eyes being odd and he did a really poor Charlie Chanesque impression.

Can anyone name any other Irish comedian whose entire set involves insulting passer byers on the street? Ardal O 'Hanlon, Dylan Moran, etc can all do their material on a stage in front of paying audiences, McSavage unfortunately cannot.

I'd rather listen to 10 hours of Dave McSavage than 10 secs of Ardal O'Hanlon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well the other Irish comedians have enough talent to get people into their gigs unlike a certain loser who has to beg on the street :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

hey watch it now folks!! he's Ryan Tubridy cousin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

fryup wrote: »
    hey watch it now folks!! he's Ryan Tubridy cousin

He's an arsehole,whoever he's related to.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

is anybody going in on thursday? head count?

Nu-Centz wrote: »
    is anybody going in on thursday? head count?

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Degsy wrote: »
    Where?

Wednesday or Thursday - The International Bar. I'll post on this thread as soon as I can confirm.

Might be as late as midday on either day though The International don't make their mind up till then. I up for either night. I'd say it'll be Thursday.

Wouldn't be worth it unless we had at least 20.

Anyone any ideas what we could do. The more freaky the better. Gonna YouTube it :D

He might be used to 20 people being silent though, that's the thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think turning up at one of this gigs would actually appeal to that twat's sense of self-importance, and generate publicity for him.

I would favour a policy of ignoring him interspersed with acts of spontaneous 'physical civilian response'.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    I think turning up at one of this gigs would actually appeal to that twat's sense of self-importance, and generate publicity for him.

The International sells out most shows so it won't make any difference. Just means we'd have to get there early.

I think cheering for everyone else like crazy and ignoring him till almost the end is the way to go.

I think a group text at which everying one starts yelling "No, no now .. that's too far, that's sick, your sick' as we all make I way out would be the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Now I haven't read the thread but has anyone floated the possibility that it may have been someone working on his new TV show that attacked him? Cause having to work with that f*cker would drive anyone to violence I'd say.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Now I haven't read the thread but has anyone floated the possibility that it may have been someone working on his new TV show that attacked him? Cause having to work with that f*cker would drive anyone to violence I'd say.

He's gonna be on the tellly?
    Isnt that in breach of the Geneva Convention?

How about we all bring water bombs? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

He's gonna be on the tellly?
    Isnt that in breach of the Geneva Convention?

Degsy I suggest you just burn your TV before he comes back on just on the off-chance that you might flick over to his show by mistake.

That's what I'm going to do anyways. Better safe than sorry. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 muckraker

Youre all being to hard on the guy.

Think about it - he's the biggest prick in a family full of Fianna Fail politicians. That takes real dedication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ah..attack on sight?:D

More attack on provocation...but seeing as the provocation is more or less constant..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

do i gather you guys are planning some secret McSavage flash-mob thing (on a public interent forum)?

wudangclan wrote: »
    do i gather you guys are planning some secret McSavage flash-mob thing (on a public interent forum)?

Ssssssshhhhhh will ya .. and close that door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I was just thinking there, that this thread is too much publicity for that clown.

360+ odd posts are too much for that goon. There's no such thing as bad publicity....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement