Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave McSavage beaten up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

Excellent. I'm Suprised it hasn't happened sooner to be honest, annoying bastard.

Yaaaaay he sooo deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Apparently he once told a guy passing by on a wheelchair that he'd never be a stand up comedian. That guy on the wheelchair should have got up and.......hold on. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Flashmob never took place as we are a bunch of amateurs :)

Degsy .. don't forget now to be set your SkyPlus for Monday 10.30pm now sure ya won't :D

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/the_savage_eye.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Flashmob never took place as we are a bunch of amateurs :)

Degsy .. don't forget now to be set your SkyPlus for Monday 10.30pm now sure ya won't :D

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/the_savage_eye.html

*mutters*

Degsy wrote: »
    *mutters*

What's that ya say there? :D

I guess this TV show will see him start doing more gigs too .. lord help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

for those who still don't know, McSavage is part of the FF Andrews clan, which has several past and present TD's and county councillors. Ryan Tubridy is also part of this.

Nepotism is alive and well in Montrose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

He is playing in the International tonight. He hates hecklers. The slanty faced weirdo.

for those who still don't know, McSavage is part of the FF Andrews clan, which has several past and present TD's and county councillors. Ryan Tubridy is also part of this.

Tell me about it!

I videoed him slating his whole family. Said some crazy s**t about that Minister and Tubridy too. I wouldn't even write here what he said as the post would be reported and I'd most likely get a ban. No kidding.

Also got footage of him getting slapped, telling a women he'd love to kick her in the c**t etc etc etc and then pressed the wrong button on my phone and the 40 mins wasn't saved :(

To say I was furious would be an understatement of the century.

I even spent €45 on software to try and recover the file I felt that bad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

If anyone wants to heckle him ask him if he fancies a pint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

And of course Gerry Ryan is a dyed in the wool FF'er

A quote from his book on the "great" Bertie Ahern

"The Gerry Ryan Show is the officail radio show of U2 not Dervish.We always aim for the winner.
    Bertie was the man.
    He was the guy who rocked it up.He turned up the volume,and we should celebrate that.
    Bertie Ahern is,without doubt,more than any other politician in the history of the Republic,substantially responsible for the sucess of the country.."

This dear reader is the cabal of RTE and FF combined,a sickening,mutual ballwashing conspiracy paid for by the working stiffs of this country and thier hard-earned cash.

• Advertisement

IronMan wrote: »
    He is playing in the International tonight. He hates hecklers. The slanty faced weirdo.

I'd be up for the walk out / heckling flash mob tonight but I'm off to The Hothouse Flowers gig in The Academy.

Maybe another week.

I was thinking maybe we could all bring a hold-all each with one of those gigantic water pistol machine gun things :)

Degsy wrote: »
    A quote from his book on the "great" Bertie Ahern
    Bertie was the man.
    Bertie Ahern is,without doubt,more than any other politician in the history of the Republic,substantially responsible for the sucess of the country.."

Off Topic but .. :)

A quote from Christy Moore ..
    "That's the thing, we all know but we don't say. Everybody knew what was wrong with this country over the last 10 years, but we still vote them back in.

"If Bertie came back next week, he'd be f****n' re-elected, so would Charlie. Jesus!" He shakes his head in disbelief. "They were! They were re-elected."

The Savage Eye is just starting on RTE2 everyone .. :D

Runs for cover ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Savage Eye is just starting on RTE2 everyone .. :D

Runs for cover ..
    I must say, it's not the worst thing I've ever seen so far.....

briany wrote: »

Pi**ing on Bono was about the only thing I smiled at.

The farmer and the sidekick is ripoff of the sketch on The Fast Show I thought.

Pi**ing on Bono was about the only thing I smiled at.

The farmer and the sidekick is ripoff of the sketch on The Fast Show I thought.

Ripping off an infinately superior British show in a decidedly half arsed way is at least on par with most other Irish "comedy"......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Oh dear... this is embarrassing :o

I have no particular like for McSavage, because humor is subjective I won't slag him off too much, but I don't find this at all funny.

I blame RTE as much as McSavage, RTE have an appalling track record with humor.

Ohh, there'll be complaints about that 'magic wand' 'Gag' with the kid sitting on his lap. Joe Duffy will get a few calls me thinks. Course he has connections in RTE so f**k knows.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

briany wrote: »
    Have to say I agree. It's hitting a few sensitive bits.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Wibbs wrote:
    I'd like to hit him in the sensitive bits...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Had to turn over. This guy just isn't funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Didn't even bother watching, coz the promos looked ****e.

People seem to really hate Dave Mcsavage. More so than other comedians I mean, there seems to be a consensus on Dave. Any publicity is good publicity though I suppose. Though I must say that I find his comedic style, or the busking part anyway, to be very very mean spirited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Wibbs wrote: »

Good, i'm not his biggest fan in any way shape or form but it's about time RTE had the balls to stick something controversial on.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

The prick was out in trinity recently for med day. I had read this thread a week before and thought to myself surely he couldnt be that bad. I was wrong.

I thought he was quite good at MedDay, he seems to be abit hit and mis at times though. And he told me I had a hawt body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is this catastrophy online at all?

MrPain wrote: »
    I thought he was quite good at MedDay, he seems to be abit hit and mis at times though. And he told me I had a hawt body.

Is it MrPain or MissPain?

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is this catastrophy online at all?

RTE Player but not for 12 hours I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Is it MrPain or MissPain?

I personally suspect he's gay, but I was flattered anyway:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

watched the show - not impressed ..... repeating the same "characters"

I like Dave McSavage - even if it seems he isnt able to bring something original/new, it was refreshing to see something contraversial on RTE but as others have said.

RTE's track record with humour/comedy recently has been appalling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement