Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave McSavage beaten up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

CPT. SURF wrote: »
    Not I, said the fly
    McSavage ya fcuker!

They have broadband for public patients now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

slideways wrote: »
    McSavage ya fcuker!

IPhone:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

McSavage ya fcuker!

This should be sent to the Thunderdome for further in depth study.

All those in favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

CPT. SURF wrote: »
    So it would seem but the opposite is true. The abandonment of thinking about how things should or ought to be is incredibly liberating and ultimately positive.

If you say so.
    You the same poster that was in defending him in the Thunderdome thread ( which was fricking awesome - and deleted :()

Thought he asked for that to be deleted himself. :/

Dinter wrote: »
    All those in favour?
    Say aye!

• Advertisement

Thought he asked for that to be deleted himself. :/

What, McSavage, that wheedling, whiney, snivelling, little twerp crawled to the admins complaining about a thread that he took part in when his inane, pointless vomit of a tv show floundered like a landed fish?

Not that glib silvertongued hero of free speech surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

This should be sent to the Thunderdome for further in depth study.

All those in favour?

This thread would benefit from a more thorough and informed analysis of this unfortunate occurence, best suited to the T'dome as already stated. Its the least he deserves.

The tags are fcuking brilliant!

This thread would benefit from a more thorough and informed analysis of this unfortunate occurence, best suited to the T'dome as already stated. Its the least he deserves.

It might be easier for the mods if they just merged it with the old one.

*whistles innocently*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

It might be easier for the mods if they just merged it with the old one.

*whistles innocently*

[cough] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484 [/cough]

That 'Degsy will kill next time' tag is brilliant. Kudos to whoever added it. Had me rofl-ing.

That 'Degsy will kill next time' tag is brilliant. Kudos to whoever added it. Had me rofl-ing.

The "Not in the face" one.

I can just imagine him begging not to be hit, tears tracking down his wrinkly face as he cowers on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

david-mcsavage.jpg

How could you not slap a face like his....

Well done degser...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

What, McSavage, that wheedling, whiney, snivelling, little twerp crawled to the admins complaining about a thread that he took part in when his inane, pointless vomit of a tv show floundered like a landed fish?

Not that glib silvertongued hero of free speech surely?

That'd be the one. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

McPrlck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daisywhite

Saw this guys 'act' n Cork. What a waste of space he is. While I do not condone violence. Mr. McSavage is a truly nasty, hideous man. He more than likely did quite a lot of provocation before he got a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

According to the papers all he did was see a couple (man+woman) pass by and said;
    "Wow, you're beautiful! You're girlfriend aint bad either".

Then the man beat the crap out of him. Yeah that sounds like a reasonable reaction. :rolleyes:

Galvasean wrote: »
    According to the papers all he did was see a couple (man+woman) pass by and said;
    "Wow, you're beautiful! You're girlfriend aint bad either".

Then the man beat the crap out of him. Yeah that sounds like a reasonable reaction. :rolleyes:
    A link would be smashing...

A link would be smashing...

If you can find a copy of the Sun its mentioned in there.
    No such luck finding it online yet though.

Galvasean wrote: »
    If you can find a copy of the Sun its mentioned in there.
    No such luck finding it online yet though.
    If its in the sun it must be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭,mnb

Ye if you go to a comedy gig you can expect to get the piss taken out of you. He is very smart and original but thats besides the point. He is not half as bad as most comedians at taking the piss out of the audience. What about Jimmy Carr, Jack Dee. They would rip the total piss out of the lot of you but they dont get beaten up. And before you say they are funny and he isnt well comedy is the ear of the listener.

If its in the sun it must be true!

Well sources are rare. Most papers wouldn't consider such an incident newsworthy.
    ,mnb wrote: »
    Ye if you go to a comedy gig you can expect to get the piss taken out of you. He is very smart and original but thats besides the point. He is not half as bad as most comedians at taking the piss out of the audience. What about Jimmy Carr, Jack Dee. They would rip the total piss out of the lot of you but they dont get beaten up. And before you say they are funny and he isnt well comedy is the ear of the listener.

Jimmy Carr and Jack Dee have big stages and security to protect them*. McSavage was on the street.

*Of course it isn't always fool proof (NSFW):

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I know this is Dave McSavage who's gotten a slap so it was hardly unprovoked, but I'm not one to go cheering at someone else's misfortune. If someone attacks another person over a joke (however unfunny), they're a bit of a scumbag. I wouldn't cheer for that.

I would like to make it clear, I do not in any way condone Dave McSavage, his act, or his sense of humour.

I can take a joke and wouldn't beat somebody up for slagging me. But insult/upset my missus and I'll be handing you your ass on a plate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

,mnb wrote: »
    He is not half as bad as most comedians at taking the piss out of the audience. What about Jimmy Carr, Jack Dee. They would rip the total piss out of the lot of you but they dont get beaten up. And before you say they are funny and he isnt well comedy is the ear of the listener.

You're missing the point. His entire act is based upon insulting random people. I've personally had the misfortune to see him on several occasions in the street.

The first time I saw him however was a gig in CIT (Rag week a few years back I think). One of the girls walked in. She is Irish born, from a Chinese family, he does not know her. He saw fit to make a comment along the lines of 'Here comes the Viet Cong' when she walked in.:eek:
    That's not funny, that's just plain racist! :mad:

Unfortunatly, that is not a one-off case of him being racist either. The number of times he makes comments about people which are abusive or liabilous is ridicluous. Were a random person to use a micraphone and speakers and make such accusations he too would be either decked by a random stranger or would be reported to the guardai. I know if I was doing so I'd fully expect repercussions.

I fully understand that there are well known, skilled comedians that I do not find to be to my tastes - much like comedy programmes everyone has different tastes. I do not like [the critically acclaimed] Frasier or The Office for example, but I can appreciate what they are doing or trying to do. McSavage however is just not funny, nor is he close to it.

Karma struck back, personally i'm happy! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Onkle wrote: »
    I can take a joke and wouldn't beat somebody up for slagging me. But insult/upset my missus and I'll be handing you your ass on a plate

jeepers, you can't win, do the deed and you are watching your back.

Turn her down and you are insulting her. Either way Onkle is gunning for your ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    You're missing the point. His entire act is based upon insulting random people. I've personally had the misfortune to see him on several occasions in the street.

The first time I saw him however was a gig in CIT (Rag week a few years back I think). One of the girls walked in. She is Irish born, from a Chinese family, he does not know her. He saw fit to make a comment along the lines of 'Here comes the Viet Cong' when she walked in.:eek:
    That's not funny, that's just plain racist! :mad:

Unfortunatly, that is not a one-off case of him being racist either. The number of times he makes comments about people which are abusive or liabilous is ridicluous. Were a random person to use a micraphone and speakers and make such accusations he too would be either decked by a random stranger or would be reported to the guardai. I know if I was doing so I'd fully expect repercussions.

I fully understand that there are well known, skilled comedians that I do not find to be to my tastes - much like comedy programmes everyone has different tastes. I do not like [the critically acclaimed] Frasier or The Office for example, but I can appreciate what they are doing or trying to do. McSavage however is just not funny, nor is he close to it.

Karma struck back, personally i'm happy! :D

Yeah at the risk of getting into a "everything is funny or nothing is" ding-dong:

Provocative, funny comedians- guys like Stewart Lee, Jimmy Carr etc.

Provocative non-comedian- McSavage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Any footage of the McSavaging posted online yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

lol @ McSavaging.

Btw, unless I'm blind. Anyone else notice how Degsy has yet to post in this thread?

What if it actually was Degsy and all. And if it was, would we ever know about it?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To paraphrase Stewie Griffin, his uppence did come.

Reap what you sow and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Just checked out some youtube vids of him... it is not subjective - it just isn't funny and people who find it funny are just as sad as he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Btw, unless I'm blind. Anyone else notice how Degsy has yet to post in this thread?

Whats all this about Degsy? Is he a suspect or something? lol

• Advertisement

Its ironing... Degsy is quite possibly McSavage's biggest fan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement